WC round 2: Belisarius vs. M4 Jess

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

iN THE NORTH i AM ROUTED............:mad:

In the south...I am not sure as I have a company of KVs is wait...

In the center...all is lost! really Bell ...come on in!

Im making war, not trouble~

Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

Getting the feeling that I'm overshooting myself in the north. A KV-2 parked in an orchard comes to life, making a PzIV crew bolt their ride. :eek: In retaliation, we FINALLY kill a KV-1 that's been routed for the last 4 turns and has about 50 dents in it's armor. We added a huge hole to it. :) We see a "new" KV-1 lurking in the woods... we're not done here, apparently. Time to consolidate our positions.

Yeah, I bet you want me to come marching down in the center! :D KV-8s are in plenty there, along with a company of infantry. We told the guys at the artillery park that they got a new target. :cool: StuG kills a hiding KV-1 with a flank shot.

Pushing back Ivans in the south. A KV-2 dies to a skill shot from our ATG line, and infantry occupy two VHs.

So far we lost 5 PzIV, while Jess is losing tanks at the rate of 2-3 per turn. Problem is, he can afford it.
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Not much..I lost another KV because I am stupid....

enter...the T34s..I hope they do better:(

Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

We're still holding the advantage. All "front" VHs are now in our hands. Not much difference this turn, we shoot about a million shells, most of them strike home. Unfortunately, those KVs are thickheaded bastards so the score for this turn is a single KV-8 that finally succumbed to a Pak. Guess it was metal fatigue that finally set in. :p

In the north, we spot AUX units, some T-34s and a truck with a church organ bolted to the bed. Beyond opfire range for the T's, but we fail to hit. Golden opportunity gone! Smoke layed to rob Jess a chance of free shooting as I had three PzIV lined up....

South sees total dominance as we rout some thirsty russians looking for our schnapps supply. Good thing, they were kind enough to lay out a smoke screen on their parting. Now we've got that flank covered. :) Also, some HMGs die both north and south. Those are d*mn hard to spot so I'm happy to see them go.
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

We're still holding the advantage. All "front" VHs are now in our hands. Not much difference this turn, we shoot about a million shells, most of them strike home. Unfortunately, those KVs are thickheaded bastards so the score for this turn is a single KV-8 that finally succumbed to a Pak. Guess it was metal fatigue that finally set in.

Not really...I have you right where you want me to:rolleyes:
In the north, we spot AUX units, some T-34s and a truck with a church organ bolted to the bed. Beyond opfire range for the T's, but we fail to hit. Golden opportunity gone! Smoke layed to rob Jess a chance of free shooting as I had three PzIV lined up....

I cannot confirm the use of AUX units...I have my KVs and I love them...:rolleyes: and that was a U.S made truck!:D
South sees total dominance as we rout some thirsty russians looking for our schnapps supply. Good thing, they were kind enough to lay out a smoke screen on their parting. Now we've got that flank covered. Also, some HMGs die both north and south. Those are d*mn hard to spot so I'm happy to see them go.

Many 1000s more lay ahead...and are mark X troops!

question? is there a god...and does he really drive a KV and not a M4??:confused:

Belisarius

uh oh

Post by Belisarius »

Russian reinforcements pour into the battlefield. We see 7 T-34s, and at 69p each, that's it I guess. :) Too little too late we hope, but Jess makes good use of their mobility. Another upside of the KVs - you always know where you've got them. Heh heh.

The vodka boys are still eager to fight, both center and south so we mow them down. Come get some, heh heh heh. :p A baffled SiG33 crew sees an infantry squad trying to sneak past them in an open field. :eek: BOOM BOOM....

Need to move some rear weaponry to the front - we're not running low on equipment, but ammo is starting to be a concern to us. :(

Vodka lovers are still holding positions on the hill just east of the central VH cluster, so we send them some more 122mm love. Olga regains conciousness and hammers a PzIV platoon. Hope they still got sense to strike the T's...
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

My Ts are no better than the Ks...:(

I want my M4s!!! :mad:

I draw up surrender papers and ready the whit flag....:(

Belisarius

turn 12/25...halfway there!

Post by Belisarius »

Whaddya mean "no better than the Ks"...? They're doing alot better so far, in my opinion. :p

Ofcourse, two of them are burning now and a third is missing a crew! :D Our initial assesement proves wrong; there's at least NINE T-34 out there, counting the three dead ones. I suspect there's one or two more on top of that...still - too little too late I hope.

On the downside, we note a loss due to stupid bravery in the south :( A KV is immobilized behind a ridge, a$$ towards us, without any LOS. It's no threat at all to us. In lack of better targets, I send a PzIV over the ridge to put it out of it's misery. It opfires (no surprise)....and BAILS THE GODDMN CREW! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The tab's on me, evidently! Free giveaways! ;)
Got StuG?
Belisarius

BUMP

Post by Belisarius »

...dammit ;)

come here Jess.....PH34R the might that is the PANZER VIER! :D
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Re: BUMP

Post by M4Jess »

Originally posted by Belisarius
...dammit ;)

come here Jess.....PH34R the might that is the PANZER VIER! :D

I am here! :mad:

And you are 3 MkIVs down!;)

I feel kinda good this turn....:rolleyes:

Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

three kills? Where did I lose the third one? :p

You'd think I'd learned by now - lost a PzIV to a similar stunt as last time. Over a ridge, blasted out of the sky by a hiding rifle squad. :mad: Worst of all - a StuG had LOS to the squad but failed to see it. Arrrgh.

Alhough it seems as if the T-34 has gone hiding, one guarding the flank gets its turret shot off. :) Jess is doing something clever here; sending his remaining tanks forward in the center/south while having the rest guarding the north. My tank force in the north can not approach the advancing tanks without exposing their flank. I think I have a remedy.

Olga is active as ever, looking for my StuGs. :eek: KG Belisarius artillery sends a greeting - HEADS DOWN!
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Could Bel be getting tired?? His attack seems to be slowing down a bit...as more and more MkIVs die! :p

I lost another T because I am stupid!:mad:

Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

Scratch another T. :cool:

Of 10 known T-34 in Jess' AUX force, that makes it 6 out of action. At least 4 are still alive. Pretty good exchange, considering my AUX force is intact except for some odd broken components.

Have I slowed my attack? Maybe that's what I want you to think. :) We're mopping up some pockets of resistance in the center, and find the KV-2 in the orchard again. Too bad sidearm bullets don't bite on them.

One Olga battery is silent, but the other one hurts. :eek: My tank force got some close encounters, including a *bonk* on the turret.
German artillery impressive as always, one barrel malfunctions. :mad: Is it just me, or does that happen A LOT?
Got StuG?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

F-9

Im done...I wish I could say I enjoyed this battle...:rolleyes:

But...I did not...Its my fault..I am stupid...

Bel did a much better job than I did...HATS OFF!!!!!

TO Belisarius

I think I am out...............:(

Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

I had fun! :p

I gambled with sending in the tank company unassisted in the north, but it worked well much thanks to that's where Jess send his main force as well. :)

The KV-1 is slow and sluggish with a low ROF - it doesn't take much to render it unable to fire effectively. On top of that, this early (1942), they can't shoot straight either. (A bitter experience from trying to use them myself...). The KV-2 is almost useless; low ROF and too easy to knock out. And considering the open map and visibility, KV-8 isn't a good choice either - this was bound to be a battle of ranged fire exchanges.

But this wasn't the game winner - it was the high visibility in concert with a line of PaK40's. Whatever Jess sent too far forward was hammered by the line, and finished off with tanks at closer range. This stopped Jess' center advance dead in it's tracks. (that, and the fact that I had some beautifully placed hotspots for artillery). About half of the ATGs were out of ammo, which indicates just how much targets they were presented with.

With the PaK line in mind, why on earth didn't you just smoke it Jess? :confused: If you'd done that your center tanks would have been able to flank me when I rushed the northern hill...

I learned something today - rightly positioned, relatively small infantry units can perform wonders. I was suprised to see that in the south, two infantry platoons was able to push the soviets back from the VH's, despite heavy artillery fire and enemy tanks. (The only support they had was 2 PzIV (one died early) and 2 SiG33s, one without main gun). I also learned (finally one might say) NOT to fire artillery until enemy has been spotted. I ran out of 81mm ammo waaay too early.

My OOB was something like;

1 company PzIV
1 SiG33 section
1 grenadier company
1 engineer platoon
3 PaK40 platoons

6 81mm mortars
1 122mm battery (my fav)

1 spec ops platoon - a single squad infiltrated

AUX:

1 FO
2 Opel Blitz (to move the PaKs)
6 StuGIIIg

Panzer company in the north minus a platoon for support in the south/center. Grenadier company was split with 2 platoons and support following the PzIV company in the north and 2 platoons going for the south VH cluster. Engineers didn't see fight, they were deployed to guard the PaKs in case my panzers were overrun. I started moving them forward first when the panzers had secured their positions.

Jess, please send me the file, I'd like to see the final result and map. :)
Got StuG?

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”