Does anybody know why 2by3 have

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Strat

Does anybody know why 2by3 have

Post by Strat »

Does anybody know why 2by3 have put there third game on hold.
USSR 1941/45 was the game I`ve been waiting for.
I have enjoyed Uncommon Valor and I`m sure I`ll enjoy the Pacific war but I really want to see a modern incarnation of GG`s "war in russia".

After reading the interview at the "wargamer" with Joel and Gary I`m concerned that this game did not even pop up and Gary states that he is going to back off from big complex games and that the Pacific War will be the last. Shock Horror, I hope he did not mean it.

Please tell me that it is not on permanent hold, please.

Cheers.

Strat.
Einstien rules relativity,
Well in theory.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Have no fear. Gary was more talking about on the scale of War in the Pacifc. This will be his biggest wargame of all time. If you want to fight everyday of the war and control everything then this game is for you.

David
Strat

Post by Strat »

Thanx. But I have already decided to purchase WitP and eagerly await its release.
So Russia41/45 is still planned for future development? and if so do you or anyone have any idea as to when developement will start.

Thanx.
Strat.
Well in theory.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Logically it would start after the first patch for WITP (hopefully not needed).

UV is my first Gary Grisby game. As a result I too look forward to this East Front game.

But its probably 3 years till release. So enjoy your current games!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

From Joel Billings on the WITP forum:-

Thanks to all those supporting Matrix and 2by3 in our trying to provide WitP. If David can arrange for the logistics, we'd be happy to sign the special edition copy.

As for what we at 2by3 are doing, you'd be surprised. We are currently working on WitP and another project which we hope to announce within 2 months and ship early next year. It is the antithesis of WitP, and a product we think will have widespread appeal and allow us to make a few dollars so we can pay for all the time spent on UV and WitP (which have paid us minimum wage for the 4-5 years the 3 of us will have worked on these 2 games although if WitP does ok they will have kept us afloat).

As for the Russian Front game, we do hope to get back to it sometime as it was 80% designed and the database and basic map were done as well as some of the coding. I don't expect to get back to it until late 2004 at the earliest however so it will have to wait.

In the meantime, go out and support Matrix whenever you see a game you are interested in as they are one of the few companies today dedicated to bringing you new top quality wargames.

Joel
=================================================

And from David Heath on the UV forum

Hi Guys

The med is the next game planned in the series. It will be based more on the UV then WITP. Of course we may change our minds but that is the plan.

David
jnier

Post by jnier »

Originally posted by Joe 98
From Joel Billings on the WITP forum:-

As for what we at 2by3 are doing, you'd be surprised. We are currently working on WitP and another project which we hope to announce within 2 months and ship early next year.

Joel
==============================================

And from David Heath on the UV forum

Hi Guys

The med is the next game planned in the series. It will be based more on the UV then WITP.

David

So if I put 2+2 together, does that mean that the secret project (that will be out in early 2004) is UV-Med? Dare I dream?
Strat

Post by Strat »

It would certainly seem so, could be very interesting me thinx, although I feel upset that the Russian campaign game is on hold till late 44 when 80% of design has already been completed.
However, I can see the reason for this, as Matrix & 2by3 already have a working game platform it is only the case of doing some research and replacing the data (ships, infantry, map etc.) of UV to create a new game based in the med, far less time comsuming than writting a game from scratch.
I look forward to it.
Question, will it include the Africa Korps? my guess is yes it will...
I`ll be waiting impatiently for a release.

Thanx Joe98 and all.

Strat...
Well in theory.
Paul Vebber

Post by Paul Vebber »

You can't have a Med game without the Africa Corps. Keeping it supplied and denying supply to the Brits (and vice versa) so NorthAfrica can be secured is the whole basis for the early part of the conflict.

Then it becomes a matter of defending/assaulting the "soft underbelly". Not sure the scope envisioned, but I would think the first part would be covered
Charles2222

Post by Charles2222 »

Man, Bomb Alley was one of those games I always wanted, but could never find a copy anywhere, and of course wouldn't probably be worth playing these days, but this would certainly fit the bill. It would be most fascinating trying to put a significant strategic difference into the Rommel dilemma there. Knights of the Desert was always frustrating to the point where the GE's couldn't do anything about ever trying to take Malta, or at least substitute it for Crete. How much would things have changed if the reinforcements that came along much later came earlier, or if GE could've done better securing the supply route?

The huge loss here is the USSR game delayed that long as the "minimum" delay :( . I suppose on a persoanl level, since I never played Bomb Alley I do desire a Med theatre game more, but losing something as juicy as a WIR III is pretty costly. I say "lose" because something delayed that long sounds like something taking the first inevitable step in a series to becoming vaporware.
Strat

Post by Strat »

I sure as hell hope it does not become vapour ware.
I don't think I could live to much longer if it was so.
Anybody got a spare rope...
almost feeling suicidal.

NAH.. one day it will come, even if we have to write the code ourselves.

Meanwhile back to UV

Strat..
Well in theory.
benpark

Post by benpark »

I was looking forward to the Russo German 2by3 game as well-just to add my name to the list of people who would definately purchase.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

Return to “General Discussion”