UV among war

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

HawaiiFive-O

Post by HawaiiFive-O »

Hear, hear. Let's can the rhetoric (on both sides) and discuss the game.

It is, after all, a game board.
Full Moon

Post by Full Moon »

Yeah, let's discuss game not politics. We can discuss it in OT forum.:)
"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau
Point Luck

Post by Point Luck »

That is one more reason for me to be against this war. If Saddam has no more mass destruction weapons, why attack him and not one of the other dictators that have them (North Korea for example, or Pakistan)

The only people that are CLAIMING that Saddam doesn’t have WMD’s are the same countries that have been selling him Nuclear or other weapon technologies.

Listen the United States was ATTACKED by terrorists on 911. FACT. Iraq supports terrorists, has numerous terrorist camps in country FACT.

Now unless these camps are training some kind of Girl Scout terrorist squads or French troops these camps are a threat to the United States FACT.

Any country that supports terrorists shall be treated as an enemy. You question why don’t we Attack Saudi Arabia, or Iran or some other country. Take a look at what’s going on

First we need a solid base to operate from so we don’t have to go beg other countries to let us base our troops in to protect ourselves from crazed religious zealots.

You know like maybe some recently occupied country like Iraq or Afghanistan. OOP’s are those countries sort of like right next to Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan and Syria.

Gee I wonder how things will look to these wacko terrorists when we have to keep 50,000 or 60,000 troops in these countries while they rebuild.

I also think that the Iraqi and Afghan peoples wouldn’t mind the protection that these FORMER NATO troops could provide them, not to mention the money that these FORMER NATO troops and their families would spend in these countries instead of in Europe.

Then again any of our newfound buddies that helped us in these countries, that would want to come and live in the US, we’ll probably have a new building for them to move into since the former UN building should be vacant soon.
Full Moon

Post by Full Moon »

Mod, please move this thread to OT forum.
"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau
Luskan

Wargaming nothing to do with War

Post by Luskan »

To me, at least, War-Gaming has nothing to do with war, except that it was derived from the history of war. If there was some other human phenomena that was a greater, more prolific and more universal expression of competition than war, then we'd all be playing games that are from that (whatever "that" is) genre.

Some sports games come close, but wargaming is about mental competition, some history thrown in for added spice and comparison.

War is another thing entirely.

I have noticed the rate of turns (none from a couple for a couple of days) since events came to a boil. Not surprising, seeing as the Gulf War TV footage was almost compulsory viewing (who would have thought you'd see a real war on TV?? I remember my parents being amazed.).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
Point Luck

Post by Point Luck »

Scud is the name for all Iraki missiles while Irak has some missiles within the 150 km range

THANKS I was just ask that question I couldn’t figure out why such a big deal was being about AL- SAMOUND missiles when SCUDS where so much more of a problem in the last war.

I thought that they where two different missile systems and I couldn’t find any comparison info to determine the difference.

My fault for listening to NEWS BROADCASTERS

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”