WPO Wishlist

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

Tankerace

WPO Wishlist

Post by Tankerace »

Kind of like the WitP wish list, post all code and or OOB wishes in here.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
greg_slith

RE: WPO Wishlist

Post by greg_slith »

I want to be captain of the CA Rochester. I know I missed the boat (yuk) for my chance but it is MY WISH.
Roger Neilson

Post by Roger Neilson »

Is it too late to be a captain of something? Didn't see the original post.

You could even japanesify my name if you like? ( I just invented a new word i think!)

Roger
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

[:D]

That's up there with one Nikademus used the other day on the WPO development forum:

"Explodability"
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
FDRLincoln

Post by FDRLincoln »

My wishlist so far:

Increase Jellicoe's Administration rating to something over 60.
Include "inch" ratings for Japanese gun descriptions for the metric-impared.
Add British Armed Merchant Cruiser RMS Olympic (Titanic's sister) to the game.

Fear God and Dread Nought
CMDRMCTOAST

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

Add Zeppelins even if only for scouting and picketing..
The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

Oh Zeppelins, that's a good idea!
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

And unfortunately impossible to model satisfactorily under the game engine as it stands. Believe me, people have tried... I'm not saying don't wish, just don't hold your breath.
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

I think we could do small blimps, such as this perhaps, but zepplins are a bit kludgy.

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
CMDRMCTOAST

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

Just for advanced picket duty, asw, naval search or recon
would be fantastic with long range maybe.
Even if just a representation IMHO.....
trojan58

Post by trojan58 »

I wish it would let me download it
There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F
CMDRMCTOAST

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

Have you tried an internet cafe???
Thats How I originally got WITP...
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

nakajima Ko-4's on wish list
String

Post by String »

It would be great if the japanese cannons would be rated in mm's instead of cm's. Would reduce the chances of mistaking the 8cm guns for 8" and 14cm for 14".. which I do all the time.
Surface combat TF fanboy
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

1. Add in a few more ship classes to keep organizing easier.
Monitors need their own class besides the DD listed in the game.Also it would be nice if ships built before 1914 were called something like old battleships (OB) or Pre-War battleships (PB) and ships built from 1914 on were just called BB.
Would also be nice if gunboats were given their own designation.
All these things would make it easier to tell at a glance the aproximent strength of a ship.

2. Convert all guns sizes to inches or at least inches and mm
As it is now the game uses four different sizes and makes it very very confusing to tell how powerful a gun is at glance.
Would be very nice if we had them all in inches but I suposse mm would be nice as well.
lb and cm are somewhat confusing
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

As it is now the game uses four different sizes and makes it very very confusing to tell how powerful a gun is at glance.
Would be very nice if we had them all in inches but I suposse mm would be nice as well.

On Gun sizes, that won't change. I decided to use each countries pattern (even had a forum vote on it). US and Britain use standard, everyone else metric (Japanese and Dutch use centimenters, but some French guys on the forum complained because "France uses mm, not cm." So that part, while possible confusing, respects each nations individuality. Like I said, before doing it (everything originally was in inches) I had a vote, and the majority won out.

jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

China.

I'm still messing around with scenario 1 verus the AI (I'm playing the "Allies" ). But I've succeeded in sending several Chinese Corps through Manchuria and into Korea and I've captured everything but Pusan ( which is besiged ) by the end of the first six weeks.

Might I humbly suggest that your "story line" dial the Chinese Theater out ? Or else explain why the Chinese are involved in the war. Maybe Treat China kind of Like the Russians - static until "activated".

Britain.

Kind of another story line thing. But how is it that Britain is taken 100% by surprise ? I guess I'd like to see the story line updated to help explain that. We have to wait six months for the Capital ships to arrive. That's a long time !

Minelayers.

Where the heck are all the minelayers ? Maybe the Japanese have a bunch - I've only looked at the Allies and they only have 1 so far.

Fun.

But I'm having fun !!! So don't change the "Fun" generation component - that part is working fine !!!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

China.

I'm still messing around with scenario 1 verus the AI (I'm playing the "Allies" ). But I've succeeded in sending several Chinese Corps through Manchuria and into Korea and I've captured everything but Pusan ( which is besiged ) by the end of the first six weeks.

Might I humbly suggest that your "story line" dial the Chinese Theater out ? Or else explain why the Chinese are involved in the war. Maybe Treat China kind of Like the Russians - static until "activated".

In this part, I believe in the FAQ or at least on the forum I made it known that the vs the Japanese AI, China needs to be left out. I left it in because in PBEM it is a valid theater, but vs the AI the Japanese will focus on the Americans.

Britain.

Kind of another story line thing. But how is it that Britain is taken 100% by surprise ? I guess I'd like to see the story line updated to help explain that. We have to wait six months for the Capital ships to arrive. That's a long time !

This I left because since Britain isn't fighting anyone in the Atlantic, if they just showed up in a few months with their entire fleet, then Japan would face 3 to 1 odds, and have no chance at winning. This was a "balance" choice, in that Japan (except for sometimes bombarding Singapore) tends to leave the British/French alone. So it can be considered an "international incident" but not open war.

Minelayers.

Where the heck are all the minelayers ? Maybe the Japanese have a bunch - I've only looked at the Allies and they only have 1 so far.

Where are the minelayers? They don't exist. Both Japan and the Allies have very, very few. But then again, what good would British minelayers be (remember, in 1917-1918 the British Admiralty said the North Sea Mine Belt was an impossible task). I added in all historic minelayers, but there are few of them. I suggest converted AKs to Commerce raiders, they carry about 250-500 mines.

Fun.

But I'm having fun !!! So don't change the "Fun" generation component - that part is working fine !!!

Will do!

Roger Neilson

Post by Roger Neilson »

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

On Gun sizes, that won't change. I decided to use each countries pattern (even had a forum vote on it). US and Britain use standard, everyone else metric (Japanese and Dutch use centimenters, but some French guys on the forum complained because "France uses mm, not cm." So that part, while possible confusing, respects each nations individuality. Like I said, before doing it (everything originally was in inches) I had a vote, and the majority won out.

If someone could supply me with a list of gun calibres used in WPO I could knock up a quick excel based spreadsheet which would show equivalent measures for all. You could then have this as a printed out sheet to refer to as you play.

I know I could trawl through the game to look for the information, but that would take valuable time away from other activities like playing!

Cheers

Roger
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

The conversion's already been done:

Attachments
pic_91.jpg
pic_91.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 707 times

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”