Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Leader skills increases by 20 points in one mission

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Leader skills increases by 20 points in one mission Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Leader... - 11/21/2005 4:10:37 AM   
Tanaka

version 1.77

before...

set to no replacements...and sent on sweep mission....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/21/2005 4:16:00 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/21/2005 4:11:44 AM   
Tanaka

next turn...

pilots fill up anyway.

Wow! Look at the leader skills increase!!! Is this the benefit of being a pilot and leader and getting experience from battle???

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/21/2005 4:13:19 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/21/2005 4:17:26 AM   
jwilkerson

Excellent - this one goes in the play book for sure

AE Project Lead

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/21/2005 4:27:18 AM   
Tanaka

save sent to mike wood...

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/21/2005 6:05:32 AM   
Gary Childress

My impression was that "No replacements" mean't that aircraft would not be supplied to the group but that pilots still would if the group was short. Otherwise there would be a lot of abandoned planes without pilots sitting around on various bases, unable to move anywhere. Looking at the manual I see several references to planes in the "replacement" entries but no mention of pilots. Did the group receive any aircraft to replace combat losses?

Here is the quote for the accept replacements/no replacements toggle in the manual:

"...will either not allow or allow, respectively, replacements to be accepted by the squadron (this is useful to select when you want certain squadrons to have a priority in receiving aircraft)" [my emphasis]

Gary

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/21/2005 7:12:11 AM   
michaelm

Hi

I assume that no fragment of the group merged with parent or that you did not use the "Get pilot" button?

And you did not try split/combine the group? [that can sometimes change the group leader] ***stupid me, did not notice leader name the same.

And only 6 planes actually went on sweep mission? [that is now many pilots were in the group on first turn]

Just general questions ...
Michael
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

save sent to mike wood...

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 6
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/21/2005 7:43:05 AM   
jwilkerson

I agree - I've been seeing my "good" pilots be allocated to air units which are short ( i.e. have more planes than pilots ) "sometimes" ... but then again most of the time it waits for me to push the "get pilot boo-tawn". But to get that many in one turn - tanaka must have had a fairly hefty pool ! ( I usually have 0 or 1 naval pilots in my good pool - I keep track of the units waiting for them - and at the start of each turn - distribute them ).

AE Project Lead

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/22/2005 12:08:17 AM   
Erik Rutins

Have you checked this with v1.795 Beta?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 8
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 12:17:39 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Have you checked this with v1.795 Beta?

Regards,

- Erik

Started new game with new patch. This group NOW does not take new pilots after combat when told not to.

BUT when replacements are turned on it now takes new pilots when not in combat and no pilots are in the trained pool and there are planes in the pool.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/23/2005 12:25:35 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 12:26:29 AM   
Tanaka

Next turn:

Should fill up with planes first before pilots...

...Instead it fills up with BOTH!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 1:13:23 AM   
Tanaka

Looks like a quick fix for this type of problem would be a "Get Plane" button...

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 11
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 2:33:12 AM   
Tanaka

Noticed these problems started when the group reached 18 airplanes for version 1.77 and 1.795

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 12
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 3:51:00 AM   
michaelm

I need to check the scenario (pls let me know which one it is?) but if there are pilots who are waiting to come into play (ie have a delay of one or more days), these pilots will join groups without impacting your replacement pilot pool. They have already reached pilot status and could be assumed to be coming in from some other area.

I am not sure if that always happened in earlier releases. I know in the "Get pilot" testing I did, there were lots of pilots in some cases who were stuck "in transit" (mainly Allied groups) because their group had their fill of pilots. The restriction has been relaxed to allow groups to pull in pilots from other same nationality groups - this also relieves the full pilot table issues.

Michael

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 13
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 4:07:51 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I need to check the scenario (pls let me know which one it is?) but if there are pilots who are waiting to come into play (ie have a delay of one or more days), these pilots will join groups without impacting your replacement pilot pool. They have already reached pilot status and could be assumed to be coming in from some other area.

I am not sure if that always happened in earlier releases. I know in the "Get pilot" testing I did, there were lots of pilots in some cases who were stuck "in transit" (mainly Allied groups) because their group had their fill of pilots. The restriction has been relaxed to allow groups to pull in pilots from other same nationality groups - this also relieves the full pilot table issues.

Michael

south pacific scenario 104

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 14
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 1:48:29 PM   
michaelm

I don't have #104 but it is based on #4, so pilot database file is most likely the same.

After turn one, the Japanese player has 30 "experienced" pilots (both IJA and IJN) awaiting assignment to groups [they have a delay of one day].
This is in addition to any pilots in the replacement pool.

So once the pool is exhausted, you could still get the occasional "experienced" pilot showing up rather than a novice.

Also, as the planes in the group become ready, I am drawing some pilots to match the ready planes because "Allow Replacements" is on.
And it is happening even before I reached 18 ready planes in the group.

In your example, the group had 18 ready planes and 7 pilots.
It filled up with extra 11 pilots to max out the ready planes, some of which were probably novices as the EXP dropped.
Then in the replacement phase, it 9 more planes as "being repaired".
And presumely, the next turn those 9 planes became ready and 9 more pilots joined the group.

Isn't this the way it is suppose to work?

BTW, even at 1.77 there were still a few issues that were not always working properly with the "getting pilot" function which I was working on with MikeW to correct by 1.795.

Michael

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 15
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to not. Le... - 11/23/2005 6:42:52 PM   
Tanaka

Its supposed to work like this:

1st turn: Accept replacements on: Group fills up with planes.

2nd turn: Turn replacements off: Press get pilot button to fill up from the experienced pool.

3rd turn: Pool is empty so i can turn replacements on to fill up with more planes.

4th: Again pool has pilots. Replacements off. Get Pilots.

Rinse and repeat. This was a great way to prevent crap pilots from coming into your groups...

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 16
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/23/2005 7:55:16 PM   
Xargun

The way I believe it works - and it seems to work this way when I play...

Turn replacements on for air units means planes... not pilots. So if you have 18 planes (out of 27) and 7 pilots (out of 18 available aircraft) the unit will always try to pull in enough pilots to have 1 pilot per available aircraft - whether or not the replacements are on or off. The unit will not pull in pilots for damaged aircraft - so when you get aircraft replacements, you will not automatically get pilots until the aircraft are repaired and ready for duty - but you can always use the Get Pilot button to fill out your air unit ahead of time before the planes are ready - this will usually save you a turn or two in the long run as it takes 1-2 turns to pull in pilots for available planes.

Xargun

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 17
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/23/2005 9:25:06 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

The way I believe it works - and it seems to work this way when I play...

Turn replacements on for air units means planes... not pilots. So if you have 18 planes (out of 27) and 7 pilots (out of 18 available aircraft) the unit will always try to pull in enough pilots to have 1 pilot per available aircraft - whether or not the replacements are on or off. The unit will not pull in pilots for damaged aircraft - so when you get aircraft replacements, you will not automatically get pilots until the aircraft are repaired and ready for duty - but you can always use the Get Pilot button to fill out your air unit ahead of time before the planes are ready - this will usually save you a turn or two in the long run as it takes 1-2 turns to pull in pilots for available planes.

Xargun

this group and my other groups will not pull in pilots if replacements are off. and yes you are right if replacements are on it is supposed to pull in planes not pilots the first turn. then next turn it will pull in pilots once its planes are full.

the way its been working for me is replacements on pulls in planes unless there are pilots in the pool it pulls in both. thats why i always use the get pilot button to steal them first before the computer does it automatically...

if there are no planes in the pool then it does pull in pilots.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/23/2005 9:26:12 PM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 18
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/23/2005 9:38:33 PM   
Tanaka

Ok this is the way it works and is supposed to work:

This group has 24 planes and 24 pilots. I have turned replacements on. Next turn i will have 27 planes and 24 pilots. because this is the way its supposed to work! Pulling in planes first not pilots! This is where I will use the get pilot button to get 3 more experienced pilots from the pool.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/23/2005 10:06:54 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 19
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/23/2005 9:39:57 PM   
Tanaka

THE NEXT TURN: Voila! The way its supposed to work! The group only took in planes and not BOTH! This is so I can now hit the get pilot button three times to get 3 more experienced pilots out of my trained pool.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 11/23/2005 9:43:26 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 20
RE: Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Le... - 11/23/2005 9:44:00 PM   
Tanaka

So now this very same turn I will now hit the get pilot button three times and get three trained experienced pilots from my pool and turn replacements OFF. I now have 27 all great pilots and no crappy ones to fill out my 27 planes and this is how it is supposed to work!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Airgroup accepting replacements when set to NOT. Leader skills increases by 20 points in one mission Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI