From: Vermont, USA
Heroic Starship Combat and Galactic Conquest!
Unlike many other games of galactic exploration, conquest, economics and diplomacy, Starships Unlimited v3 focuses on a small number of unique starships, each with different crew mixes and different technologies. These ships and their crews are the heroes of this science fiction epic, boldly exploring the unknown, dealing with alien races and helping your people expand to new worlds.
Outfit your ships with the latest technology and explore the galaxy, conduct diplomacy and espionage, raid your rivals' trade routes or invade their planets. The stars are the limit!
Features and Improvements:
- Design your own starships, discover hidden artifacts, explore various galaxy types (Spiral, Ring, Elliptical, Cluster)
- Colonize new planets, decide what to build on them and how to defend them
- Beautifully rendered starships and a soundtrack by Eric Pearson
- Detailed research and technologies, which can be used to improve every aspect of the game
- Expanded Exploration - Four ages of exploration, each offering the possibility of new artifacts and wisdom to be gained.
- More challenging finances based on skilled labor costs.
- Freighters are now range-limited, requiring research to expand their range and your trade routes.
- Colony Ships have been added. Colony ships are also range-limited, requiring research to expand their range.
- More Spying options, with the ability to research to expand their uses
- More technologies to research and use in your designs, including a new weapons family and cruise drive.
- More game options, including the ability to limit games to certain technological ages.
- More challenging computer opponents, including better pirate ships and more skill levels.
- Larger starships!
- Revamped user interface and graphics.
- Endless replayability!
- Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
- 300 MHz CPU (500MHz Recommended)
- 64 MB RAM
- 2 MB Video Card, 16-bit Color, DirectX Compatible
- 16-bit Sound Card, DirectX Compatible
- 50 MB free Hard Drive space
- Windows-compatible mouse
- DirectX 7.0 or better
Full Description with Screenshots:
Starships Unlimited v3