From: Marseilles, France
To add to you thoughts, here are some elements from the friends on the French WiF List (http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/World_in_Flames_Francais) :
1. Do not forget to rail move factories. In the north, the lakes might freeze, so think about railing those of Leningrad too.
2. Ask for Allied Lend Lease, even if the situation is good.
3. On the south, defend on the Dniepr, put some feeble units in the Pripet Marshes Edges to hamper the German advance a bit. Dniepropretovsk is a good strongpoint especially with its forest on the north.
4. When the Dniepr is pierced, run to the factory line (Kursk, Stalino). Defend those cities to death. If those cities fall in JA, the end is near anyway.
5. Try to harm the Germans with the VVS (Russian Air Force), without getting overrun on the ground. Scrap without hesitation all fighters with an air to air strength of 5 or less.
6. In the north, defend with some strong unit stacks, always in the woods. Build a ZoC network, and withdraw when he advances. Do not compromise the Red Army for a flipped unit, let it die. The first serious line of defense in the north is at smolensk. Try to slow down the German in the Area of Vitebst first, and Smolensk next.
7. Zhukov hates sunshine, and the woods are generaly the natural element of the Russian HQs. If you play with AA units, Zhukov should have his own AA unit.
8. Do not waste the Offensive Chit, but do not hesitate to use it neither, especially if you play with Guard Banners.
9. Do not hesitate to take a Pass Action.
10. Have an armored reserve to counter attack and counter attack again and again, because the Russian gets Reinforcements and the German does not. The German can't have elite troops everywhere, so hit his weakest places.
< Message edited by Froonp -- 11/8/2005 12:32:36 PM >