Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
bugs - 11/2/2005 8:41:32 PM   
silodhlehan

You know when the russian player took air and flak from vladivostok while frozen which I can't do from bulgaria as the german. I was suspicious also when the Western allies had 17 infantry show up in pearl harbour even though japan controlled the Us seaboard and there was no way they could get through And their fleet got to move even though I suspect they had no fuel, but I'm new and thought I was just missing something but now this....

As the axis I've owned the UK for a a few years and the game pops 2 WA aircraft carriers in england. Not near IN. It says I need to resolve the combat but how can I fight my own area? Who gave them permission to work on repairing the Ark Royal? I sure didn't.

Never mind how they got supply, factory & population points there?

Has this happened to anyone else? The turn I take Moscow and Eastern Canada I'm unable to continue....

Wonder if they were in eastern canada and my attack made them go to the UK?

I figure they should not do this!

PS it also seems unrealistic for a WA fleet without fuel ammo for years to fend off my bombers based in midway who only seem to kill 1/turn.
Post #: 1
RE: bugs - 11/2/2005 9:03:55 PM   
JanSorensen

quote:

ORIGINAL: silodhlehan
You know when the russian player took air and flak from vladivostok while frozen which I can't do from bulgaria as the german.

Please read rule 3.2.6 (the part about Special Soviet Frozen Movement) - I believe that will clear up your misconception.

quote:

I was suspicious also when the Western allies had 17 infantry show up in pearl harbour even though japan controlled the Us seaboard and there was no way they could get through And their fleet got to move even though I suspect they had no fuel, but I'm new and thought I was just missing something but now this....

17 INF does sound like a lot - but suspecion is not facts as you also mention. Was this a PBEM game or against the AI? In either case - could you mail me a save game so I can take a look at the situation so we can determine if this was indeed a bug or not.

My mail is janbs@stofanet.dk

quote:

As the axis I've owned the UK for a a few years and the game pops 2 WA aircraft carriers in england. Not near IN. It says I need to resolve the combat but how can I fight my own area? Who gave them permission to work on repairing the Ark Royal? I sure didn't.

Never mind how they got supply, factory & population points there?

Has this happened to anyone else? The turn I take Moscow and Eastern Canada I'm unable to continue....

Wonder if they were in eastern canada and my attack made them go to the UK?

I figure they should not do this!

This definitely does sound like a bug. Please send me a save game from just before and just after this happened. Thats the only way the programmer can fix any such bug.

quote:

PS it also seems unrealistic for a WA fleet without fuel ammo for years to fend off my bombers based in midway who only seem to kill 1/turn.

Thats part of the design - so unsupplied units arent immediately too weak. You are obviously correct that it would be more realistic if they weakened over time when oos - but given the abstraction of the game as a whole I consider this a minor item that I prefer just overlooking.

< Message edited by JanSorensen -- 11/3/2005 12:18:31 PM >

(in reply to silodhlehan)
Post #: 2
RE: bugs - 11/3/2005 5:18:35 AM   
silodhlehan

Hi Jan think I sent 2 emails let me know if the first one re these suspicious carriers didn't make it. Note the axis have factories up and running but there's the Ark Royal some one snuck in to repair,

second was the american army showing up in hawaii inspite of zilch in the way of transport.

Let me know how it goes.

Again thanks for the help,

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 3
RE: bugs - 11/3/2005 12:20:13 PM   
JanSorensen

I have received your mails and replied in turn.

The 2 CV in London seem to have sailed there from the Gulf of Mexico - this is clearly a bug and I have added it to the bug list. If you have a saved game one turn earlier that would greatly help.

The inf on Hawaii seem to be legitimate - the WA was able to establish a TRS link from Europe to Hawaii in the save you sent me. As such I see no bug in this case.

(in reply to silodhlehan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI