Now, I had said that my plan would not include a detailed time table like other battles I have fought.
However, let me just call your attention to one key deadline that will make or break this plan. We must be across the river by nightfall.
Based on our intel reports ... At Kouphalades Ferry, it looks like we will be largely be unopposed or meet light resistance. So, timing is less critical. But at Tempe, we are clearly going to meet some determined resistance.
Our plan says that we will use our fire power advantage (artillery, close in mortar support, and long range direct fire from support weapons) to break Allied positions at Tempe and prevent reinforcement. However, if we do not get across by night fall, we will lose our fire power superiority. The Allies will be able dig-in their front line positions, and move in reinforcements with impunity.
So, if we don't get across by night fall, this could turn into another Dunkirk for the Allies. Personally, two weeks from now, I would rather be waiting for my next promotion to come through than explaining to Herr Hitler how I was responsible for a fiasco.
Now, what is our deadline? At 22:00, it will go dark. New COTA feature: Check out the new rollover text for the environmental conditions of the battle.
Never more! (I've had enough. Sliterine has raised mediocrity to an art form!)