Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Occupation of Iran

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Allied Occupation of Iran Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Occupation of Iran - 10/28/2005 7:46:12 PM   
Daykeras

The country's pro-Axis allegiance in World War II led to Anglo-Russian occupation of Iran in 1941

I found that tidbit. So Russia was involved in the occupation directly, and Iran was most likely pro Germany. Now to find out where exactly Russia held and with what it held it.

The search goes on!

(Has a vested interest in this subject. Is mostly Iranian)

Edit!!:

1939: German infiltration. Shah Riza conducts a politics friendly towards the interests of the Axis states.
1941: Allied occupation of Iran. Shah Riza abdicates, and his son Muhammad Riza Pahlavi takes over the position as Shah.
1943: Iran joins the Allied side in the war.
1947: Start of a US-Iranian cooperation in developing the oil industry.

Some interesting info there as well...

Well written, has a lot of information. I am currently reading about the joint Brittish-Russian occupation of iran.

http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/us_iran.html

So it seems Russia had invaded Iran with the Brittish in 1907 and again in 1941. I have definately learned something.

< Message edited by Daykeras -- 10/28/2005 7:59:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Occupation of Iran - 10/28/2005 9:36:13 PM   
silodhlehan

More,

In January 1942 Britain and Russia signed an agreement with Iran to respect Iran's independence and to withdraw their troops within six months after the end of the war. In 1943 Tehran Conference U.S. reaffirmed this commitment. In 1945, the USSR refused to announce a timetable to leave Iran's northwestern provinces of East Azerbaijan and West Azerbaijan, where Soviet supported autonomy movements had developed. The USSR withdrew its troops in May 1946; this episode was one of the harbingers of the emerging Cold War.

http://www.mideastweb.org/iranhistory.htm

(in reply to Daykeras)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Occupation of Iran - 10/28/2005 9:54:16 PM   
Daykeras

And both the Brittish and the Russians held Tehran at the same time in early 1941.

What's more surprising to me than knowing the Russians were directly involved, which was pretty cool to know, is the fact the Germans had nationalists in Iran vying for power.

(in reply to silodhlehan)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied Occupation of Iran - 10/31/2005 11:47:45 PM   
Drax Kramer

Iranian government was pro-German the same way British government was pro-Soviet. It would be more appropriate to say that Iranians (as well as Iraqis) were anti-British.

(in reply to Daykeras)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied Occupation of Iran - 11/1/2005 12:59:00 AM   
Daykeras

I suppose that's close, but not strictly true. They appear to be quite a bit more buddy buddy than that. Not much, granted, but more so.

(in reply to Drax Kramer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Allied Occupation of Iran Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI