Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet Unload Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Fleet Unload Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 4:11:20 AM   
Windfire

Currently running the latest Beta patch. Had a fleet in port with units loaded. Moved a land unit in the same province to another province. The loaded units unloaded and moved to the other province as well even though they were given no orders :(. When I tried to move them back, it identified they could not move after unloading.
Post #: 1
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 7:14:57 AM   
Azog

Windfire, I think this happened to me too. I realized that sometimes I dont pay attention what the pointer of the marching arrow tells me . That is "Go" "Join into" "unload". Sometimes I believed I had sellected some other Unit, but I unloaded accidentally my troops. Frustrating, but you just have to pay more attention.

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 8:34:44 AM   
Naomi

Naval affairs have indeed received scant attention from reformists along waves of patches.

(in reply to Azog)
Post #: 3
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 2:54:53 PM   
ericbabe

It's likely that they were still selected inside the fleet. Was it possible to use the undo (backspace key) to put them back?

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 4
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 3:18:40 PM   
Naomi

The programme needs to know: we don't want them selected.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/24/2005 5:05:28 PM   
Russian Guard

Not sure if this is a beta problem or operator problem (that's me). As Russia I invaded Sicily. I moved the fleet with a transport into the area to the west of Sicily and moused over the land mass (think I right-clicked?) and the "debark" command came up.

I disbarked the troops fine. But later, I decided to leave (ther French were coming down through Italy) and I could not find ANY way - right click, left click, back and forth from fleet to troops, to re-embark on the fleet.

The French showed up and factor eliminated my Army, and there sat Bennigson. I couldn't get HIM to embark on the fleet either.

A bug, or operator error?

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 6
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/25/2005 1:27:52 AM   
Diagoras

I've had same experience; have now gotten into habit of hitting <space> immediately after doing anything with a fleet.

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 7
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/25/2005 2:47:19 AM   
Windfire

I checked, the units were not selected in the fleet. It will not allow me to undo it. A move from an adjacent province to a another adjacent province will also unload the units. I have a save file that I can send if you want, please identify where to send if this is the case.

(in reply to Diagoras)
Post #: 8
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/25/2005 2:54:03 AM   
Windfire

I posted a variation of this issue previously at

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=952578&mpage=1&key=󨤂

Not sure if that one was addressed or not.

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 9
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/25/2005 1:54:03 PM   
Naomi

This problem has been raised well before by pple, I remember, me included.

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 10
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/25/2005 5:52:35 PM   
carnifex

me also

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 11
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/26/2005 12:15:26 AM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russian Guard

Not sure if this is a beta problem or operator problem (that's me). As Russia I invaded Sicily. I moved the fleet with a transport into the area to the west of Sicily and moused over the land mass (think I right-clicked?) and the "debark" command came up.

I disbarked the troops fine. But later, I decided to leave (ther French were coming down through Italy) and I could not find ANY way - right click, left click, back and forth from fleet to troops, to re-embark on the fleet.

The French showed up and factor eliminated my Army, and there sat Bennigson. I couldn't get HIM to embark on the fleet either.

A bug, or operator error?

Units can be unloaded from a fleet into an adjacent land province, but they can only be loaded onto a fleet if the fleet is in port. If you can successfully siege the city and then occupy it, you should then be able to move your fleet into the province and embark your troops.

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 12
RE: Fleet Unload Issue - 10/26/2005 12:16:51 AM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Windfire

I checked, the units were not selected in the fleet. It will not allow me to undo it. A move from an adjacent province to a another adjacent province will also unload the units. I have a save file that I can send if you want, please identify where to send if this is the case.

Ralegh has sent me two save games to test this issue. I'll check those out and see what I can find.

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Fleet Unload Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI