Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch - 10/17/2005 7:22:48 AM   
Windfire

Playing 1792 Russians

New country colors are very vivid. Personal preference would be for a little less of a stark. Likely a minority opinion looking at the other thread.

Not paying to supply garrisons - like the change. Avoids the artificiality of pulling garrisons out of the garrison to make them forge to save supply.

Paying textiles to upgrade vice luxuries for many items. This eliminates the problem of wanting to upgrade but having no luxuries as they are all being consumed. I like the change.

I like the changes to waste so far compared to previous

Forgot to declare war and trespassed, showed up as an event

New general created in battle

The devolopment buttons in the province screen on the main screen and the pull up are somewhat blurred in the text. The text in the military build boxes is very clear, could the buttoms be converted to the same font/text/style for ease of reading.

Attacked Poland and all provinces were converting to Russia as they were being conquered, except for Couland which converted to conquered until Poland fell and then it converted. Seemed odd for the one to behave differently.

I like the change that shows the textile labor. Numbers seemed off at first, but my suspicion is that the first turn looked high because of the stockpile of wool and the first turns production of wool and then it was cut in half as subsequent turns only have production left and no stockpile as it was burned up on the first turn. Will look at future turns over the next couple of days to see if there are any oddities as it seems to fluctuate a little, but that could be tied to actual production of provinces based on weather, etc.

Post #: 1
RE: Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch - 10/17/2005 11:29:56 AM   
Naomi

My version is a web-page error. ^o^

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 2
RE: Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch - 10/17/2005 4:13:30 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Windfire
The devolopment buttons in the province screen on the main screen and the pull up are somewhat blurred in the text. The text in the military build boxes is very clear, could the buttoms be converted to the same font/text/style for ease of reading.

I'm not quite sure which you mean by "military build boxes"?

(in reply to Windfire)
Post #: 3
RE: Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch - 10/18/2005 2:23:39 AM   
Windfire

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Windfire

I'm not quite sure which you mean by "military build boxes"?

On the devlopment advisor screen, near the top of the screen is the black build button that you click to pull up the list of available builds that has the word "build" in it. This text is much clearer than the text in the devolopment boxes.

Along the same lines, on the main game screen in the sub boxes, the button to labeled province management that pulls up the development advisor for a friendly province is not overly clear. When you click on a foreign nations province, the box changes to diplomatic actions and is very clear and easy to read.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Initial impressions of 1.2.14 patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI