Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A long-awaited return.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> A long-awaited return. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A long-awaited return. - 10/10/2005 2:38:57 AM   
tarendelcymir

Hello everyone, I'm back...or will be shortly. I realize it's been literally years since I was around, but tomorrow I'll be getting interent at home again--hooray!

Anyone still around and able to play the occasional game?

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
Post #: 1
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/12/2005 9:11:24 PM   
tarendelcymir

So there's no one left, eh? Sad to see.

Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

(in reply to tarendelcymir)
Post #: 2
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/13/2005 10:17:45 AM   
LarkinVB

Hi tarantel ! You are a bit late to the party

Post #: 3
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/13/2005 6:12:21 PM   
tarendelcymir

So I see... Well, at least someone came around. Good to see you again (as it were) Larkin.

< Message edited by tarendelcymir -- 10/13/2005 6:13:11 PM >

Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 4
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/13/2005 8:39:23 PM   
jvgfanatic

Picked up the game a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately at the same time as a dozen other games :P

Then I ran out of time to play games.

I'm back now...who knows what will happen.

Post #: 5
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/27/2005 7:47:13 AM   
jureidinim

Real life and too many games took me away for awhile as well - one of those games being Dawn of War.... good AI mod btw Larkin .... unfortunately the vanilla AI was beating me up pretty well - your mod just kills me out right.. lol

Started up TOS again with a fresh team and been loving it. Been so long since i played even my campaigns look new to me... lol.
Did a few AAR's for friends to show them what the game is like - think i might put them up here on the forums for the few who still visit..

(in reply to jvgfanatic)
Post #: 6
RE: A long-awaited return. - 2/15/2006 8:35:07 AM   
Coyote27

I'm back too. Hi. :D

-Coyote

(in reply to jureidinim)
Post #: 7
RE: A long-awaited return. - 2/18/2006 12:58:22 PM   
asmith094

Tarendelcymer! Larkin! Coyote! I remember you guys!

I got reminded of ToS earlier today, and figured I'd drop by the forums. Unfortunately due to severe financial issues I still don't have WS... but if anybody's up for a game on 1.4 (if you can find it), I'd be very, very interested. Ya know what, I'd be happy just to have someone to chat with from way back then.

In any case, if anybody's interested in a bit of ToS history...

Ancient ToS1.4 Ladder Rankings

Note my rediculously high win percentage... which would have been much more impressive if I'd played games more often back then.

*sigh* Nostalgia.

--Adam, formerly Firestorm of the pre-WS ToS forums.

(in reply to Coyote27)
Post #: 8
RE: A long-awaited return. - 2/22/2006 12:28:58 PM   
LarkinVB

Greetings to all who stumbled into this forum. Nice to read a post once in a while.

(in reply to asmith094)
Post #: 9
RE: A long-awaited return. - 5/7/2006 9:16:42 AM   
Coyote27

Wow, this forum really got quiet.

If any of you all wanna play sometime soon, hit me up at coyote27 at gmail dot com or on yahoo instant messenger as coyote0027. I'm usually on in the evenings PST(gmt-8).

Cheers!

PS.

Has anyone heard from Hetzer lately?

< Message edited by Coyote27 -- 5/7/2006 9:33:15 AM >

-Coyote

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 10
RE: A long-awaited return. - 5/21/2006 11:07:02 AM   
Hetzzz

(scene) A Fleet Carrier heads towards a small speck of light that gradually grows to show itself to be a planet. On closer inspection there seems to be a wound in the largest land mass that glows with the unholy glow of Cherenkov radiation. A scout exits the Carrier and heads for the southern end of the glow. As the scout heads towards the northern (and brightest) end of what appears to be a gigantic series of craters a scene of mass carnage is revealed. Destroyed Titans are strewn everywhere. Most seem to have been killed with Head Shots and the rest have been rendered unidentifable because of CT explosions. At the very end where the Crater is deepest a huge pile of destroyed mechs sit like burnt and twisted tribute to destruction. The scout lands a small tracked sensor carrier and the carrier begins to worm it's way into the center of the mass. The carrier stops when it senses a slight spark of light in the stygian darkness. Hours pass until with a sudden huge crash a slab of Duralloy falls and exposes a Kindly and Gentle old man who's dripping wet with sweat from the hours and hours of welding necessary to free him from his Titan. He pauses, looks directly into the main visual sensor and says. "Igor!" "Yeth Mathuh?" "How many times have I told you that my being a bit bored is not an invitation to attempt my Asassination?" "FourtyTheven Mathuh" (Igor beams) (Hetzer sighs and wonders why nobody gives good Hench any more) "Tell Cook to hold dinner as I plan to bathe before dining"

(Oh come now. You Guyz didn't think I'd be That easy to kill)

If you can't trust me, who can't you trust

(in reply to Coyote27)
Post #: 11
RE: A long-awaited return. - 5/22/2006 10:54:20 AM   
LarkinVB

Good news you are still alive and kicking.

Greetings, Hetz !

(in reply to Hetzzz)
Post #: 12
RE: A long-awaited return. - 5/30/2006 11:46:07 AM   
Thorgrim

Hey Hetz! Welcome back. Good to see you well.

Iceman

(in reply to Hetzzz)
Post #: 13
RE: A long-awaited return. - 9/9/2006 10:18:27 PM   
CrushU

:)

Hey. I'm returned as well. I think Hetzer may remember me, he trained me in multiple ways of losing. ;)

I did manage to win once, I believe.

And I remember Taren. And of course Thorgrim and Larkin.

Mmm. Feels like coming home. :)

In a semi-related note, I'm working on trying to get a pencil & paper RPG system going for 'Mech style games, not friggin Gundams, but the gritty, un-prettied, utilitarian, blow you to kingdom come MECHS. ... Anyway, anyone interested can give me a shout.

In the meantime. Who wants some? :)

(in reply to Thorgrim)
Post #: 14
RE: A long-awaited return. - 10/12/2006 12:19:33 AM   
tarendelcymir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hetzzz

(scene) A Fleet Carrier heads towards a small speck of light that gradually grows to show itself to be a planet. On closer inspection there seems to be a wound in the largest land mass that glows with the unholy glow of Cherenkov radiation. A scout exits the Carrier and heads for the southern end of the glow. As the scout heads towards the northern (and brightest) end of what appears to be a gigantic series of craters a scene of mass carnage is revealed. Destroyed Titans are strewn everywhere. Most seem to have been killed with Head Shots and the rest have been rendered unidentifable because of CT explosions. At the very end where the Crater is deepest a huge pile of destroyed mechs sit like burnt and twisted tribute to destruction. The scout lands a small tracked sensor carrier and the carrier begins to worm it's way into the center of the mass. The carrier stops when it senses a slight spark of light in the stygian darkness. Hours pass until with a sudden huge crash a slab of Duralloy falls and exposes a Kindly and Gentle old man who's dripping wet with sweat from the hours and hours of welding necessary to free him from his Titan. He pauses, looks directly into the main visual sensor and says. "Igor!" "Yeth Mathuh?" "How many times have I told you that my being a bit bored is not an invitation to attempt my Asassination?" "FourtyTheven Mathuh" (Igor beams) (Hetzer sighs and wonders why nobody gives good Hench any more) "Tell Cook to hold dinner as I plan to bathe before dining"

(Oh come now. You Guyz didn't think I'd be That easy to kill)

Hetzer! Man, I'm glad to see you're back. We were worried about you. Sorry it's been so long since I posted...real life kind of got in the way, and I more or less forgot about the game.

Also, unfortunately, I no longer have WS. Sigh.

< Message edited by tarendelcymir -- 10/12/2006 12:24:21 AM >

Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

(in reply to Hetzzz)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> A long-awaited return. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI