Can't Access Patches

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Blackhorse

Can't Access Patches

Post by Blackhorse »

I've reinstalled WiTP 1.0 from the CD.

I've registered the game and I'm trying to update the patches, starting with the comprehensive 1.30, but when I link to any of the patches I get a blank screen and a perpetual "hourglass" -- the screen/page never comes up.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
patrickl

RE: Can't Access Patches

Post by patrickl »

Hi,

Try these links. I have tested them and seems no problem.[;)] Right click and save in download or any folder in your computer. If you have getright or any other download manager, it would be better.

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheP ... h-v160.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheP ... h-v150.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheP ... h-v140.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheP ... h-v130.zip

Cheers!
Banner designed by rogueusmc
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Patrick,

Thanks. But those _are_ the links I've been trying! I still get a blank screen and an hourglass. But when I do the ol' control-alt-delete Windows Task Manager check it says that the link is "running" (normally, a blank screen would be "not responding.")

I'm baffled.

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Hi, that is weird. [&:] I currently can download all now via the links. Maybe your server got problem?
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Perhaps. If worse comes to worse I'll download at work on monday, and put the patches onto disks.

patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Hi Blackhorse,

Good idea. Discs are always useful. [;)] It should be a bliss when comes to broadband.
If still have problem, post it. I am sure we can work something out - email to you .. but the 1.3 can be a monster : 30 mb![X(]
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: patrickl

Hi Blackhorse,

Good idea. Discs are always useful. [;)] It should be a bliss when comes to broadband.
If still have problem, post it. I am sure we can work something out - email to you .. but the 1.3 can be a monster : 30 mb![X(]

Patrick,

Thanks for the offer. Hopefully, it won't be necessary to take you up on it. [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”