Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Old Old Old Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Old Old Old Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Old Old Old Question - 7/30/2001 12:19:00 AM   
Toothpick95

Hey, this is an old question concerning a VERY old gmae, but I figured you guys are the experts. On the ORIGINAL SP:2 game (Modern War) the sound files come in "MEL Fles" any idea on what I need to play them, and more specifically how I can replace them with my own files, (Wavs or something else) ? Thanks...I Ilove the work you guys do on SP:WAW, but recently had a taste for somting modern, but SP:2 is adly in need of overhaul. Thanks again Toothpick
Post #: 1
- 7/30/2001 2:15:00 AM   
Supervisor

I can't find the links to the sound editors from SP, SP2, SP3 all the old links are broken. If your looking for a change of pace with the SP2 engine, try SPWW2 from http://wargamer.com/spcammo/ it uses the SP2 CD with and engine an tweak for WW2. Many of us play both SPWW2 and SPWAW, depending on your taste will determine which you prefer. [ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to Toothpick95)
Post #: 2
- 7/30/2001 3:50:00 AM   
Toothpick95

Uh....the point was to play somthing OTHER than a WW2 game. :rolleyes: Seriously though, all I'm interested in is how to play/and/or/modify the existing .MEL sound files. Obviously it CAN be done b/c WAW uses WAVs. I just rfinidhed reading BLACKHAWK DOWN and had a taste for gaming it out. Toothpick

Post #: 3
- 7/30/2001 6:34:00 AM   
Supervisor

Try on the SPWAW forum, theirs alot of people (Wild Bill, Paul V, David Heath) that worked on the original SP series with SSI for years and I know some still have their connections and old utilities around. It can't hurt.

Post #: 4
- 8/3/2001 2:54:00 AM   
O de B

I'm not sure but i think there was something called Cool Edit that would load MEL files... but maybe it's only for the raw music... never played much with it.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Old Old Old Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI