Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

latest version of game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> Highway to the Reich Support >> latest version of game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
latest version of game - 6/21/2005 4:59:37 PM   
macnab

I just ordered Highway 21 june, can you tell me if i will get a cd with latest patch on? or will i need to d/load, i ask as i can d/load before i get it, how long for getting to UK ? i do have red devils but bought this here , i bought highway here also ,but its posted from over there, lastly can you point me in direction of custom stuff , mods scene`s etc , thank`s
Post #: 1
RE: latest version of game - 6/21/2005 7:00:56 PM   
wodin

If youve bought the CD version not the download version then you need to download the patches. One is very big so I'd do it now.

New scenarios here.

http://elsavior.albaani.org/airbornedepot/

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 2
RE: latest version of game - 6/21/2005 11:57:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: macnab
I just ordered Highway 21 june, can you tell me if i will get a cd with latest patch on? or will i need to d/load, i ask as i can d/load before i get it, how long for getting to UK ? i do have red devils but bought this here , i bought highway here also ,but its posted from over there, lastly can you point me in direction of custom stuff , mods scene`s etc , thank`s

Did you just purchase it from our online store? If so, it's already updated. If not, then you can download the updates by clicking on GAMES above, then on Latest Downloads in the top left or navigating to the Highway to the Reich Games page and clicking on Downloads there.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 3
RE: latest version of game - 6/22/2005 2:30:42 AM   
wodin

When I bought a boxed copy from Matrix it came with a manual. Does HTTR boxed version still have a manual?

If so how come it used to have one and now all your games since dont?

This is a major hassle with Matrix games. You know I love you really but its something that needs to be sorted. These games arent like FPS games where a manual isnt really needed. Its so important in games like these.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: latest version of game - 6/22/2005 1:47:52 PM   
macnab

Have recieved the CD this morning, very quick ordered yesterday at uk telephone number ,given on your web page, thank`s for all answer`s , cant see which version it is as it wont load, it do`s look like a copy cd not original ,ie its a bluey colour i have a bloke coming to look at cd player it may be that , if not i`ll get back to you as i cant do anything at min, i do have red devils at arnhem runs ok no prob but that is a original , white faced, why are the ones bought here copys , ? got package serial number etc , but i mean not a original game cd, i love the system of the game, so im a bit disapointed at min that i cant load, back later bye

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 5
RE: latest version of game - 6/23/2005 2:20:24 PM   
macnab

I got the game to install, it wasn`t a proper CD but a copy, so there was no install by putting in player , just a set up, which disapointed me as i asked for boxed CD and manual, well then game kept crashing when matrix stuff was coming on , like uncommon valour and spwaw do`s, ive been lucky with them two, so i terminte the prog of matrix with nortons crash gaurd, and underneath is hwttreich, ready to play , played it and after cple mins it crashed to desk top, but if i launch from folder where game is installed then terminate matrix`s stuff ,it go`s ok no CTD, so the trouble is matrix video`s etc, like in other games , is there a way round this? i have latest version 2.2.86 i think it said , 86 on end anyway, ive sent DX Diag to support but havent had a reply yet ,so i wont put it on here unless you need it,

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 6
RE: latest version of game - 6/23/2005 4:14:51 PM   
Arjuna

macnab,

We have not yet received your DX report. Please check and resend if you didn't send it to support[at]panthergames[dot]com. SOunds like you're running into problem playing the avi files ( ie the movie files for Matric PG and HTTR ) Go into the Game directory and try double-clicking these avi files directly and see if they play in MSMediaPlayer.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 7
RE: latest version of game - 6/24/2005 1:39:43 PM   
macnab

All is well now everything resolved, i renamed the four or five video intro files, fired up game from folder , no crash intercept, played game no CTD, then started game from programs, same results, then from shortcut, same crash`s, deleted shortcut, and dragged another out and all went well, it was a good game before ,now its brilliant, thank`s for your help, dont make the specys for new one any bigger please, so people know i run this with 500mghz, no prob, i would suggest that a lot of trouble experianced in the matrix games uncommon valour spwaw, etc ,are them vidoe files, on some game `s of your`s i have been lucky, but at least it can be resolved, thank`s again happy now

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 8
RE: latest version of game - 6/24/2005 3:51:37 PM   
Arjuna

Good to hear. Enjoy.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to macnab)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> Highway to the Reich Support >> latest version of game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI