Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

shock horror

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> shock horror Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
shock horror - 6/6/2005 11:07:14 AM   
aysi

Just went to pre order the game and almost chocked on my tea,the game cost $86.90 aussie dollars which is fine but to get it down here in Sydney the price i got from the store was 51.80 aussie dollars which is NOT fine...say that i did something wrong please

GMT charged 15 US for two games and MMP hit me for 13 buckos for Pegasus Bridge,whats going on ,looks like UPS has a nice little earner going on
Post #: 1
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 12:33:29 PM   
Zap

WE have been dicussing the price of this game in other threads. Is that what it cost you to get the digital download from Matrix . And in the store it cost you less?

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 2
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 12:41:46 PM   
Joe 98

As a board game there is no digital download

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 3
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 12:48:29 PM   
Zap

Hi, Joe 98, old age has set in, where is my mind? I know that!!! What I want to ask is he saying he has to pay an extrra 51.80 . Its 3 in the morning my time I had better get some sleep.

< Message edited by Zap -- 6/6/2005 12:51:53 PM >

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 4
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 12:57:14 PM   
aysi

hi Zap
The price of the product is fine no problems,just to get it here is well too much,make that way too much
I suspect a calculation fault in the ordering program,I buy all my board games on the net both here and from the States and the postage prices have been ok

and to answer your question yes an extra 51 dollars well Australian dollars that is

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 5
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 1:06:42 PM   
Zap

Aysi, I hope it is an error otherwise you would be paying more than half the price of the game for shipping alone.

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 6
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 1:10:23 PM   
crabe tambour

Hi
I think that the problem is that for some locations (like australia), Matrix proposes only UPS for shipping. For example, shipping cost to Europe with UPS is 36 $ and only 6$ with international Post Service. It changes a lot (!).

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 7
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 1:25:16 PM   
Zap

Ups will get it to you sooner I believe. Is,nt international post overseas by boat? 6.00 from 36.00 is a significant drop. When I lived in Europe postage was very costly. By the way, welcome to the forums crabe tambour

(in reply to crabe tambour)
Post #: 8
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 3:38:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just to confirm, did you order from the Australian store? (Crabe, did you check that shipping price when ordering from the US store? The EU store ships from an EU warehouse and shipping should be less than ordering from the US store and asking it to ship to Europe). If you can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order # (it assigns one even if you didn't place the order) I'll check and make sure that there's nothing wrong with their shipping calculations. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 9
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 4:32:31 PM   
crabe tambour

Hi Erik
Sorry , i was not clear (my english...).
I have myself NO problem with pre order. Shipping costs 5,55 EUR for France, wich is a pretty reasonnable and good price.
The problem is that when you want to pre order with the link given on the forum, you have no choice for shipping but UPS (36$).
But if you click on "store", then "Europe", then "All games", you can choose international post service (5,55 EUR).
(Even like that, it seems that some locations like Australia have only UPS choice.)
Some people, in France, didn't find this way to pre order and just followed the given link. And they believe that they must pay 100$ (game + UPS shipping cost). Some people on Strategikon.net (french website) said that they can't afford to preoerder then and will wait to have the game in french stores (i explained to them the way to have low shipping cost).

Maybe you could check the link given on the forum.

I hope what i write is clear.

Best,
Olivier

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 5:47:28 PM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: crabe tambour
I hope what i write is clear.

Best,
Olivier

Actually Olivier, I think you explained that in English quite well.

Post #: 11
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 7:08:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

Olivier,

quote:

ORIGINAL: crabe tambour
Sorry , i was not clear (my english...).
I have myself NO problem with pre order. Shipping costs 5,55 EUR for France, wich is a pretty reasonnable and good price.
The problem is that when you want to pre order with the link given on the forum, you have no choice for shipping but UPS (36$).
But if you click on "store", then "Europe", then "All games", you can choose international post service (5,55 EUR).
(Even like that, it seems that some locations like Australia have only UPS choice.)
Some people, in France, didn't find this way to pre order and just followed the given link. And they believe that they must pay 100$ (game + UPS shipping cost). Some people on Strategikon.net (french website) said that they can't afford to preoerder then and will wait to have the game in french stores (i explained to them the way to have low shipping cost).

Maybe you could check the link given on the forum.

Thank you, that helps a lot - which thread in the forum did you see this link in? Thank you for your help spreading the word of the lower shipping costs. We want everyone to know that we have a warehouse in the EU specifically to keep such costs low.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 12
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 7:19:50 PM   
crabe tambour

Erik,
Sorry, my mistake. The link is not on Matrix site but on Lock'nload official forum
The link is :
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry16?SP=10024&PN=29&xid=45905&V1=30020202&V2=30020202&V3=1&V4=38&V5=11000294&S1=&S2=&S3=&S4=&S5=&DSP=0&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0

If you try to preorder for Europe, you only have UPS.
Best,
Olivier

< Message edited by crabe tambour -- 6/6/2005 7:20:35 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 7:39:55 PM   
Marc von Martial

Yes, that´s because it´s the link to the US Store

Post #: 14
RE: shock horror - 6/6/2005 8:04:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

I've just written Mark and asked him to add links for the other region stores to minimize confusion. Thank you for the feedback, Olivier.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 15
RE: shock horror - 6/7/2005 12:49:37 AM   
aysi

Yep selected the Australian section from the store location screen,looks like will have to wait till it gets here via some retailers

Post #: 16
RE: shock horror - 6/7/2005 3:05:42 AM   
ravinhood

Hey international friends, head over to NWS, the pre-order for Lock N Load is only $59.99 there and he offers international shipping with Global Priority mail at $8.99 for most items.

here's the link:
http://www.naval-warfare.net/build/store.php?path=software/shrapnel

It does say in fine print though board games over 1lb will have additional shipping charges, so you just might want to contact them and find out exactly how much it will be.

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 6/7/2005 3:06:46 AM >

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 17
RE: shock horror - 6/7/2005 3:19:10 AM   
aysi

thanks Ravinhood,just sent an email to them.I have picked up a couple of games from these guys and they are good,the postage price looks to be a lot more friendly

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 18
RE: shock horror - 6/7/2005 3:58:50 AM   
ravinhood

You're welcome always glad to help out my fellow "consumer" friends. ;)

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> shock horror Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI