Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Star Wars games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Star Wars games Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars games - 6/3/2005 3:59:39 PM   
Speedy

Thanks Terminus

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 31
RE: Star Wars games - 6/4/2005 8:50:34 AM   
Maliki

I'd really like to see them do a video game based off their Miniature Battles tabletop game.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 32
RE: Star Wars games - 7/23/2013 2:35:58 PM   
gunships69

Hi Mate , i have a rebellion mod so the game plays very real and so much more in it i would say it 100 times better
ratthaixxxx@gmail.com all units now fight like they should , land and ships and many more missions you can do .Dennis ,,all the bug and stuff are fix in my game ...

I have made a star wars rebellion mod so if play and feel just like you are in star wars world , more ships , troop , charters , and event 100 better .
I have also made world wars 2 mods for heart of iron , iron cross , darkest hour . All game are not

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 33
RE: Star Wars games - 7/23/2013 2:45:01 PM   
Ranger33

What's funny/sad is that there haven't been any good Star Wars games since 2005, so this thread is still just as relevant as it was then!

(in reply to gunships69)
Post #: 34
RE: Star Wars games - 7/24/2013 1:47:23 AM   
rogo727

Hi wodin. My first love will always be starwars followed by panzer general/fantasy general/pacific general and allied general. Then panzer corps and time of fury. The best starwars game is tie fighter. I still have my 1995 computer so I can play this. Matrix would earn a billion dollars if the released this again. Maybe you can get the younger and elder to look into this.
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

OK I want to try and relive my youth here and try out a Star Wars PC game. One that will take me back to when I was 7 after watching the first episode (or is that episode 3??) and ran around pretending to be Luke Skywalker.

I dont have time for the MMOG but I want something that has all the Star Wars magic.

Any ideas what to try.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Strategic Star Wars games - 7/25/2013 12:52:19 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4

In the US it was called Rebellion, but in the UK it was called something else. It was the same game though. It was probably one of the best Star Wars games. Although, Tie Fighter will always hold a special place in my heart. Rebellion was a flawed victory. It had increadibly neat things like building capital ships. You could look at the detail of the ship, and it had tons of great info on that ship. It had information that was not even relative to the game. Then you would build an army birgade say Stormtroopers. You would get nothing almost no information. It had nice pics for all of the units. All of the characters were interresting. They had different qualities. They could command fleets or fighters or army or navy birgades. Another major let down was the Rebel Fighters. They did feature hyper drive capabilities, but you could not send them to another planet to do a hit and run raid. You had ferry them there on a carrier of some sort (i loved naming all of the ships in my fleet after real ones) just like the empire. Army or Navy invasions of planets were very vague. I think those ground assaults made as much sense as the naval combat does in Rome Total War.

In all, I still enjoyed it. You were sitting in the comcenter of the republic or empire. You had manage fleets, fighters, ground soldiers, production, factories, mines, political influence, commandos, Luke Skywalker (as he would leave for Degobah), capture Palpatine and Vadar, and your capital (when it was destroyed your comcenter did not go blank it should have just kicked you to the desktop as a feature of losing)

One of my favourite all time games. It was called Supremacy in the UK.

To really enjoy the game it has to be played multiplayer......the AI was inadequate, but against another human player, all bets were off.

Great game.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to ShermanM4)
Post #: 36
RE: Strategic Star Wars games - 8/2/2013 7:43:20 PM   
Feurer Krieg

I recently start playing KOTOR. Hadn't played it before, and got it cheap on steam. Lots of mods out there, but I just did a couple easy ones. There is a good article out there that give you the top 5 or 10 mods for the game.

I will say, modding the game so I can play it in 1920x1080 makes it seem like a modern game. Plot and story are great. Sometimes I just sit back and watch the combat and I feel like I'm watching a movie. Can't wait to play through a second time as a dark side guy and go around zapping folks with lightning....

Despite no original characters, all the archtypes are there. Wookie, droid with a personality like CP30, beep-boop droid like R2, etc.

If you like Baldur's gate at all you'll like KOTOR.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net and www.skybirdart.com, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 37
RE: Strategic Star Wars games - 8/2/2013 9:14:15 PM   
Darkspire

Dont bother with KOTOR II, it was never finished. Cut Content. First one was really good though, lengthy but very immersive.

I always liked Dark Forces and the best one IMO is Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to Feurer Krieg)
Post #: 38
RE: Strategic Star Wars games - 8/3/2013 3:13:59 AM   
Chickenboy

I enjoyed KOTR I and II. I also enjoyed KOTR Sith Lords, a follow on to the latter. The assassin droid NPC was worth the price of admission. "Meatbags"....

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Star Wars games Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI