NO SHOWS

Your place to ask and discuss scenario design or modding questions.

Moderator: Arjuna

Rooster

NO SHOWS

Post by Rooster »

I've read and re-read what the "no show" arrival type is for, but for some reason I can't grasp it.

I would want to use this if I have a commander in the reinforcement schedule, but I don't want subordinate "x" to appear in the game... even if I deliberately put "x" in the reinforcement schedule.... though why would I?

Arjuna

RE: NO SHOWS

Post by Arjuna »

If you don't specifically include a "No Show" reinforcement for the subordinate then it will be automatically included when its organic superForce comes on as part of its Reinforcement item. Eg. In your scenario, you want to bring the 1st AL Bde on as a Reinforcement, but not its South Staffs Bn. So you create one reinf entry for the 1 AL Bde HQ ( with its type set to AirLanding ) and another for the South Staffs Bn HQ with its arrival type set to 'No Show'. The only other ways to prevent the South Staffs Bn from arriving with the 1 AL Bde is either to start the South Staffs on map or to have them arriving as a separate reinforcement with an arrival type other than No Show.

Is that clear?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Rooster

RE: NO SHOWS

Post by Rooster »

Ah yes. Very.

I was thinking that I was only loading units individually - one at a time - picking and choosing which subs to have appear.

But I had it wrong! [:o]

Thanks.

Return to “Scenario Design & Modding [HTTR]”