Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question and suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Question and suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question and suggestions - 5/17/2005 11:41:03 PM   
Italicus

Before all, thanks for the 2 TS games, I've finshed Alexander and started Julius: I like them very much

Question :
I've only the downloaded versions. The next year when I will change pc can I will downloading again the games or there is a time limit ?

Suggestions for the next TS :
- I don't like very much the strategy card system, above all as regard as the health card, because is too irrealistic for a unit to become "full" during a battle . Then I think the health card anyway should be more expensive in respect to the others, because is very more useful. Anyway I don't use it for these reasons, I like the realism

- I think it would be a nice idea adding a little history for every battle: how and why it has been fought in the reality, so for the gamer it would be possible making a comparison between his tactic and the historic .
Thanks (and sorry for my english)
Italicus
Post #: 1
RE: Question and suggestions - 5/17/2005 11:47:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

Italicus,

Thanks, a quick answer on your first question. Just backup your downloaded installation files before you get your new computer. That way you can reinstall the game on your new machine without any hassles. We advise keeping a copy on a backup CD.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Italicus)
Post #: 2
RE: Question and suggestions - 5/18/2005 5:03:48 PM   
Deride

quote:

ORIGINAL: Italicus
- I don't like very much the strategy card system, above all as regard as the health card, because is too irrealistic for a unit to become "full" during a battle . Then I think the health card anyway should be more expensive in respect to the others, because is very more useful. Anyway I don't use it for these reasons, I like the realism

I agree that the health card is powerful when used appropriately. However, you have to consider cost of healing your army before the level vs. healing them during the level. If you have enough money to heal your army AND buy a health card, that is fine... but you are spending your money and making the decision on what to do with it.

As to the "realism" of the health, you can think of it more as a "reorder" vs. a true "heal." In such ancient battles, you had a lot of the army run when they engaged, or they got exhausted and fell to the ground. The card basically brings them back to fight -- as opposed to bringing them back from the dead.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Italicus
- I think it would be a nice idea adding a little history for every battle: how and why it has been fought in the reality, so for the gamer it would be possible making a comparison between his tactic and the historic .

We have actually added in a lot of history for each battle -- at least back story history. While you could add in more history on battle specifics, there is really no good "official" account that you can rely on for much of this information. Generally, the winner made up the story and tended to be quite biased.

In Alexander, we added in a number of cut-scenes to help with the story. To this day, I have yet to hear anyone say they liked the cutscenes or thought they added into the game. Given the fact that it cost us quite a bit in terms of production budget, I would be hard-pressed to bring that sort of thing back unless gamers told us it was something that they really enjoyed.

Deride

(in reply to Italicus)
Post #: 3
RE: Question and suggestions - 5/18/2005 5:55:45 PM   
Budge4

Hi Deride

Did anybody complain about the cutscenes either though Deride, no news is good news? Seems to be like that in most walks of life including my own job, go that extra mile to make things perfect and no one says anything (its taken for granted) but get the slightest thing wrong and people are on your back complaining.

Im sure people who have said they loved that game meant the game as a whole, cutscenes and all. The cutscenes do add a lot to the immersion factor of a game and tell the unfolding story better than perhaps having to read a couple of pages of text. I for one would miss them if they were'nt there (im as guilty as anyone for taking these things for granted) and im sure a lot of other people would feel the same way.

Budge

(in reply to Deride)
Post #: 4
RE: Question and suggestions - 5/18/2005 6:00:29 PM   
Deride

quote:

ORIGINAL: Budge4
Did anybody complain about the cutscenes either though Deride, no news is good news? Seems to be like that in most walks of life including my own job, go that extra mile to make things perfect and no one says anything (its taken for granted) but get the slightest thing wrong and people are on your back complaining.

Budge,

You are totally right. And, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think cutscenes were good. However, when making production decision on where to spend the time and effort, I think I have learned that putting more into the gameplay is going to be a better choice for the types of games that we are making.

It's funny, I think our biggest lesson learned in both Alexander and Caesar is that we let the camera get too close. I have heard in a number of reviews that the units get blurry if you move the camera in very close. We could have simply limited how close the camera got, and this complaint would have never been lodged. Oh well! As you said, just like everything else in life!

Deride

(in reply to Budge4)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Question and suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI