Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Reach For The Stars >> Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/17/2005 6:22:48 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We will officially release this on Wednesday, providing results are good. This patch is officially still in "Beta" but we thought we should give you a chance to get it early to test it and to solve the problems reported regarding crashes and campaign saves. Please note your old campaign saves won't work with this update, but new campaigns started after v1.41 is applied should work fine.

This is a comprehensive update, like v1.40, which will update all previous versions of RFTS including the digital download and the 2000 release to the v1.41 level. Please let us know how it works for you and if you have any problems after applying this update. Thanks.

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/ReachForTheStars/ReachForTheStars-Patchv141.exe

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/17/2005 2:18:20 PM   
michaelm

Applied patch onto my digital download .. okay. Version updated to 1.41
Ran through tutorial till end of Hive attack scenario ... finished okay. No CTD which was generally occuring during third of fourth round of combat during this scenario.
[O/s: XP]

Michael

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/17/2005 2:20:27 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/17/2005 11:19:42 PM   
AlexT

Hi there,

thanks for the effort and even I have bought some other Matrix games online (WAW, Supremacy, Gates of Troy, Starship Unlimited) I didn't bought the RFTS Matrix Edition, as I already have the original SSI 2000 (and somewhere the first release from SSG also) Version.

But the Problem with the SSI 2000 Version on my computer is that it only loads the first screen "Reach for the stars" and than music starts to play and that's it the yellow line at the bottom didn't complete ...
so I hoped that 1.41 could be applied to the original version, which worked, but the same happen ... only the loading screen shows up and than music plays but didn't finish to load. As I have WinXP Pro it wasn't a surprise for me and even the different compability modes didn't help. Because I bought it from SSI it isn't really your concern, anyway I have following questions:

1. Is this patch and the following ones supposed also for the poor people, who have bought it from SSI in 2000 ?

2. Are you intrested why it didn't start on my PC (if so, do you want a DXDiag from my PC ?)

Okay anyway wish you lot of success with the rerelease of that game and hope many will buy it.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/20/2005 10:42:00 PM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlexT

1. Is this patch and the following ones supposed also for the poor people, who have bought it from SSI in 2000 ?

quote:

Eric Rutins: This is a comprehensive update, like v1.40, which will update all previous versions of RFTS including the digital download and the 2000 release to the v1.41 level.

(in reply to AlexT)
Post #: 4
RE: Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/22/2005 9:58:14 AM   
AlexT

Okay in that case ... here is my DXDiag
Still not beeing able to start the game, after the music and starting screen has loaded the yellow bar shows up and that's it ... music still plays and process is even not frozen, but nothing happens (also no mouse cursor shows up )

Here the link where my DXDiag is.

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1992&sid=6c83c6cb5052322f13a7659e923acfc7

Would be glad if you succeed to get it run.
Anyway, wouldn't have expected after 5 years someone continue to support it.

THX

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 5
RE: Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! - 5/23/2005 1:21:48 AM   
Erik Rutins

Alex,

Sorry, missed this when first posted. We don't support the 2000 version officially, but there was no reason not to allow the patch to work for previous owners. Unofficially, we'll see what we can do to help. Is this the same computer that you initially had the problems with the 2000 version on back when you bought it?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AlexT)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Reach For The Stars >> Reach For The Stars v1.41 Update Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI