Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Editor Fixed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Map Editor Fixed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Editor Fixed - 5/11/2005 8:02:51 PM   
praetorblue

Hi all,

Just a brief note, in case you didn't notice it in the other thread. The map editor download has been fixed, and both editors are now working. We appologize for the delay, but you can now redownload the editors from the link in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=844020

I look forward to seeing what you're able to create! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

- Vance
Post #: 1
RE: Map Editor Fixed - 5/12/2005 6:55:39 PM   
wjm11656

Well downloaded the editors and unzipped them as indicated. Noticed that some of the subfolders had an additional zipped folder - unzipped those also. I was able to run both editors - a succesful startup at least.

I have spent some time with the space editor and had a problem on startup. I normally run in a screen resolution of 1024x768. When opened at this resolution the space map maker has theight side cut ff - you can't see the boxes for food entry for instance. The window would not resize or scroll. As a trial, Iopened it up in a higher resolution. You can see everything and for some reason it is now possilbe to resize the window to see everything. I i go back to the lower resolution for the desktop - it won't work agaiin. So - I have been working at a resolution of 1280x1024 and the map maker works fine.

The instructions for use of the space map maker are clear. You can call the map whatever you want and do not need to follow the naming conventions used in the game. Except - the targa file and the jpeg file have to be named after your map name with that -icon component the same as the other maps. If you do not have them present - the game will hang when you try and select the map by name.

I am playtesting my first map. Despite warnings it is a large one - Conquest - with 24 worlds. Each race starts in a unique corner. The computer starts with some marked advantages in resources in storage and units on the map. I am hoping this make for a more intersting scenario. Playtesting it now.

I have not yet tried to do any planet maps - i simply used the ones available.

Great job and thanks. This is really adding to my enjoyment of the game.

Walt

(in reply to praetorblue)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Map Editor Fixed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI