Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't Download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Can't Download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Download - 5/1/2005 4:09:43 AM   
ColinF

For two days now I have trying to dl "Case Blue" and "The Last Days" without success. I have ADSL and the dl goes at 55kps for up to an hour then simply drops out and cannot be restarted.

My firewall is not the problem and I am NOT using a dl agent like Getright.

The file size is shown in the dl window as "not known". The dl will NOT restart at the point where they dropped out, but always back to the beginning.

I have paid my money but cannot pick up my goods.

What can I do please?
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Download - 5/1/2005 5:29:50 AM   
Marc von Martial

Please go to our E-Store and click on "Store FAQs" , there check the "I need help downloading." link. Or go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password.

If you have troubles downloading large files then we suggest you use a download client like "Stardownloader" available for free from www.stardownloader.com . It will let you resume disconnected or broken downloads. You can even pause them and resume them whenever you want.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ColinF)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Download - 5/1/2005 10:15:15 AM   
ColinF

Marc thank you for that and also the email. I have tried your suggestion but now get "Gateway timed-out". I assume this is because I have tried dl so many times today.

Will try again tomorrow and post results.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't Download - 5/2/2005 5:14:46 AM   
ColinF

Case Blue now completely dl and Last Days most of the way there, using Stardownloader. Many thanks Marc for your help.

(in reply to ColinF)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Download - 5/27/2005 1:51:15 PM   
ngilsenan

I am having a similar problem with World at War. My initial download file was corrupt and subsequent attempts to download it stopped before getting the complete file.

I am getting an error message as detailed in the attached pic on attempting to redownload the file. At this point I have tried to download it several times and now it just tells me to contact customer support at digital river. Having been waiting a week for a meaningful response from them I can say I'm not particularly happy with their idea of "service".

The words "shortly" and within "72 hours" are some of what I've heard and their idea of shortly does not tally with mine. 72 hours has been and gone with no response from them of any useful sort.

I don't remember this being typical of the customer service offered before but perhaps things have taken a turn for the worse of late? As it stands I will be cancelling the charge on my card as it appears that after a week of waiting the goods cannot be provided unfortunately.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ngilsenan -- 5/27/2005 1:52:41 PM >

(in reply to ColinF)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't Download - 5/27/2005 8:14:43 PM   
Marc von Martial

Erik is curently "discussing" this issue with Digital River.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ngilsenan)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't Download - 7/7/2005 10:50:28 PM   
Ossian

I am also having problems downloading. I bought HTTR but the download stops after anything between 10 and 40 minutes and tells me it is complete. I have tried it several times with IE and FF and with and without Zone alarm and Nortons.

I looked in the Store FAQ for the "I need help downloading." link but I can't seem to find it? going to findmyorder.com tells me that the 'downloadable' is fufilled.

Don't usually have problems downloading things. Just a little bit fustrated now..

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't Download - 7/8/2005 12:33:54 AM   
Ossian

Ok. I tried it using the Star download and it worked a treat. Cheers!

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Can't Download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI