Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crashes to desktop...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Tech Support >> Crashes to desktop... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crashes to desktop... - 3/11/2005 11:22:12 PM   
TheHellPatrol

I have found that these ctd's only happen when entering a planet(land) battle, it doesn't matter who initiated the combat (ai or player) and it appears to be random. I have a save if someone wants it although it "is" random. Saving before invading a planet OR before being invaded seems to be a good workaround.
Alienware P4 2.8ghz 1GB Ram
GeForce FX5700 Ultra 128mg
Audigy ZS Platinum Pro soundcard
Freshly re-formated Windows XP with very current drivers.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 1
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/11/2005 11:36:08 PM   
praetorblue

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, please keep your save-games from before a crash. We'll need these when we create the first patch. Also, if you find that you often have crashes in a certain situation, please save your game so you can keep playing. :) We've ironed out every crash bug we were able to find, but clearly there a few that snuck by. We'll do our best to resolve them.

- Vance

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 2
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/13/2005 3:42:18 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Sometimes it's every other planet invasion that crashes and if i saved, which i do, it's not too big a deal but...if i don't reboot from time to time after a crash it crashes during the planets land battle. At least if there were an auto-save feature or a hotkey, it may be a memory leak. Great gameplay but there are some issues for certain, i would hazard a guess that you guys are aware of what needs to be done.

< Message edited by TheHellPatrol -- 3/12/2005 5:39:16 PM >

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to praetorblue)
Post #: 3
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 3:45:31 AM   
WBaugh

Hi,

I had my first CTD...here's the error message:

Application popup: Supremacy : Four Paths to Power: SFPTP.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77c47879" referenced memory at "0x05525000". The memory could not be "read".

And the last of the Ogre.log:

18:55:15: MD3Mesh: Loading cargoship/cargo3.md3 .
18:55:56: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'ap_bg_blank.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:25: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'light1_texture.jpg' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:25: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'terrain_detail_light.tga' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'terrain_detail_light_grid.tga' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree1.MD3 .
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'props/altan_tree.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'props/fern.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altanbush.MD3 .
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree3.MD3 .
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree.MD3 .

Unfortunately I have no save file to give you. This was with the tutorial on my first attack on the planet.

My system is:

Windows XP SP2, AMD Athlon 3000+, 1GB RAM and an ATI x800 Pro video card

Bill

< Message edited by WBaugh -- 3/15/2005 1:56:46 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 3:54:44 AM   
Zero G

I've played about half a dozen games and Supremacy has not crashed once. Maybe you guys should send them dxdiag reports to help them track down the bug. I'll give my specs for a reference as to what doesn't have a problem with Supremacy.

Windows XP Pro SP1
Abit KX7-333R
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
2x512MB Corsair XMS
Radeon 9800 Pro
Soundblaster Live Value

(in reply to WBaugh)
Post #: 5
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 4:22:20 AM   
TheHellPatrol

I'm re-downloading the game as maybe it has something to do with the digital river gold dd problem:no save game folder and something else is missing. After reading the above post from Wbaugh it only solidifies my theory that it is a memory(leak?) issue as every other map won't load eg:crash to first screen "run supremacy etc." but the second try always works...it's too predictable. If i succeed i'll post back here.

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Zero G)
Post #: 6
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 5:31:26 PM   
Ludeman

I have a 9800 pro and it was CTD on me as well. But it was the old "Did you update your video drivers" trick that solved it for me

Post #: 7
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 6:05:45 PM   
praetorblue

I get annoyed when developers tell me to update my drivers as a solution, but you know what? It's the problem 75% of the time. :)

(in reply to Ludeman)
Post #: 8
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 6:39:27 PM   
Manfred

same thing here, on my first tutorial game, the game has crashed when I was entering land battle with a SFPTP.exe - Application Error

I have windows xp, Athlon 1600+ xp, 512 Mb RAM, leadtek Winfast Geforce2 64 MX with the latest drivers.

unfortunately no save game file, but another problem : I cannot type a name when I conquer a planet or a station, hitting a key does just cause the game to play a "beep" sound

< Message edited by Manfred -- 3/15/2005 4:54:19 PM >

"Nous vaincrons parce que nous sommes les plus forts."
Paul Reynaud, 20/03/1940

Post #: 9
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 7:00:48 PM   
praetorblue

Manfred,

Is this happening in fullscreen mode? Windowed mode? Both? If you always run in fullscreen, please try running it as a window, and see if it still beeps when you try to type.

Thanks,
Vance

(in reply to Manfred)
Post #: 10
RE: Crashes to desktop... - 3/15/2005 8:38:18 PM   
Manfred

I have tried full screen & windowed mode, and I can just type my name and type the save games, but cannot rename planet & stations. I have a french keyboard, don't know if it matters, I have no similar problems with my other progs.
about the ctd, it happened only one time to me but I haven't played much. I was using windowed mode.

"Nous vaincrons parce que nous sommes les plus forts."
Paul Reynaud, 20/03/1940

(in reply to praetorblue)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Tech Support >> Crashes to desktop... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI