Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd text

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Tech Support >> Odd text Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd text - 3/10/2005 3:26:01 PM   
DanS

Wanted to see if anyone else has noticed the same. I have not yet tried to go past the first menu after entering a name for the character that I am playing.

I am noticing that both the text in the character name entry box and several of the text fields on the following page (e.g. most of the text on the right hand side of the menu) are fairly broken up - not garbled just not crisp.

I have tried 16 & 32 graphics modes at 800X600 and 1024 x 768 resolutions. My system is running:

Radeon 800XT Plat
Direct 3D9 rendering
Anti Alias - off
Win XP sp2
AMD 2.4g (3800+)
1gb ram

Any thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Odd text - 3/10/2005 3:30:26 PM   
praetorblue

Hi DanS,

On the graphics configuration screen (before you get into the game) please turn your anti-aliasing up as high as your card can support and still have a decent framefrate. Let me know if this helps your issue.

Thanks,
Vance Vagell

Programmer
Black Hammer Game

(in reply to DanS)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd text - 3/10/2005 5:32:52 PM   
DanS

Vance,

TY for quick response. Tried all levels of AA without success (game would not run at level 4 or 6). Updated my ATI driver to the latest version and tried again without success.

I compared the text on the menues & in game on my system to that in the .pdf and notice a distinct difference (can not read it very well on my system).

Side note - game main menu and mouse-over text on game start menu are fine.

Any other suggestions? Thank you,

DanS

< Message edited by DanS -- 3/10/2005 3:35:13 PM >

(in reply to praetorblue)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd text - 3/10/2005 5:37:23 PM   
praetorblue

Hi DanS,

Please go into your ATI configuration (right-click on desktop, go to properties, settings tab, advanced, and there should be a tab for your ATI card). In here, there is a place where you can set the texture quality your card uses for all games. Ensure this is set to maximum quality (not maximum performance or anywhere in the middle). I have an ATI card at home, but not on this work PC. If you can't find the setting I'm talking about, I will repost when I get home later.

Let me know if this helps.

- Vance

(in reply to DanS)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd text - 3/10/2005 5:49:59 PM   
DanS

Bingo - That did it Vance.

Thank you again for the excellent turn around time!

DanS

(in reply to praetorblue)
Post #: 5
RE: Odd text - 3/10/2005 5:53:02 PM   
praetorblue

Great, I'm glad that worked. :) Have fun!

- Vance

(in reply to DanS)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Supremacy: Four Paths To Power >> Tech Support >> Odd text Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI