Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'nuther map and scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> 'nuther map and scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 4:23:07 AM   
Rooster

I'm going to post a new map and scenario this weekend. The map I am proud of, but the scenario I did rather quickly. Here are some screen shots...

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 4:26:23 AM   
Rooster

Above you can see the German commander chose a bad time for war games around Valogne. The first signs of trouble for the Germans are in the lower right quadrant of the map. Your job will be to get forces back down into the beach area and gain control of the situation... before all hell breaks loose.

Below you'll see that somebody wants to take that beach exit from you. Don't let him!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rooster -- 2/1/2005 9:38:48 PM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 2
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 4:28:13 AM   
Rooster

Eventually the other shoe drops and you will struggle to win this game. The tiny force at St. Mere Eglise is going to have a rough night. Bohica!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rooster -- 2/1/2005 11:11:40 PM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 3
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 1:59:46 PM   
JVSFugitive

Wow that looks awesome. Good job

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 4
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 4:00:29 PM   
Willard

Rooster-

That looks pretty cool.
Where did you get the map info from?
I have had an extremely difficult time finding good map references with enough detail for HTTR's level.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins they gave me one.

"Give me rats, foxes and sand."
Critical Mass, 06/18/04

(in reply to JVSFugitive)
Post #: 5
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/2/2005 8:46:16 PM   
JeF

Rooster,

Glad you continue your work on this map and scenario despite COTA being around the corner. This is awesome work.

Keep it up ! We can't wait.

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 6
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/3/2005 3:49:51 AM   
Rooster

Willard -

The map was constructed using those available at this site... using the more general maps to start with, and adding detail where more detailed maps are available:

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/utah/utah.htm

(in reply to JeF)
Post #: 7
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/6/2005 11:12:07 PM   
Rooster

If the Super Bowl gets boring, you can download my new "Block the Beaches" scenario.

>>>>> LINK <<<<<<<

Enjoy.

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 8
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/8/2005 3:50:29 PM   
El Savior

Wow! Map is looking amazing. You don't mind Rooster if I add your scenario to my Airborne Depot for download? Can you write short description for it.

El Savior

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 9
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/9/2005 1:07:45 AM   
Golf33

Nice work!

One small note - it's better to avoid having HQs with only one HQ under their command. If you take the big single-unit infantry battalions under Gerhard and turn them into an HQ with 3 inf coys and a mor pl each, it'll work a bit better. You can adjust the strengths of each unit to achieve the same overall personnel figures.

Otherwise, it's an interesting scenario and one I enjoyed quite a bit. It's a pity we don't get more time to play these!

Regards

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to El Savior)
Post #: 10
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/9/2005 12:21:59 PM   
Rooster

Thanks for the tip Golf - I'm going to make some changes this weekend and re-release the scenario/map pack. I've seen some other things to clean up too.

El Savior - Thanks for the offer I'll be very happy to have a place for people to dl this one. I'm loosing my web storage space in a month and haven't made any preparations so thank you. Once I update it per Steve's comments, I'll send you the files.

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 11
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/15/2005 3:49:48 AM   
Rooster

BUMP - Block the Beaches Beta Version 1.03 is ready for download

• Fixed reinforcement schedule
  • Cleaned up the command structure of German reinforcements (by wholesale force replacement actually)
  • Added some ooomph to the Allied landings with lotsa airstrikes

Enjoy.

http://hedgerowmod.blogspot.com/

< Message edited by Rooster -- 2/14/2005 8:50:56 PM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 12
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/15/2005 2:19:55 PM   
pkpowers

howdy enjoy the new Utah Beach sceanrio very much, fought to a draw as Germans first test of it, held onto Carentan no problem, biggest battle for
St. Marie Eg;asie

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 13
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/15/2005 10:21:04 PM   
benpark

Great work, Rooster.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to pkpowers)
Post #: 14
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/21/2005 1:03:11 AM   
iaidoka2

I've played the scenario twice now. First time, I suffered a marginal defeat, just needed to secure Renouville but could not quite do it in time - basically had a couple of the motorised infantry on standby but they proved to be a bit too far away from the action. Lesson learnt.

Second time round, I won a marginal victory, Carentan basically takes care of itself given the forces there are dug in and a little help from artillery to keep the allies busy. I took St Marie Eglise relatively easy but the objects closer to the beach are much harder to take and hold, especially once the allies come streaming on shore.

Lessons so far (for me at least) 1. get your artillery sorted early as the constant bombardment they can bring to bear helps to balance the lack of units, especially early in the scenario. 2. try not to concentrate your forces too soon in too few areas as they tend to get stuck and find it difficult to break the allies once they start swarming. 3. dont worry too much about Canrentan, worry more about the area around Renouville. 4. Definately plan your reinforcements (put the game on pause) and split them up so you can direct them to hotspots and, where necessary, to outflank allied units. 5. get dug in early on or near the objectives you need to win.

I found that I micro manage in this scenario more than I usual when playing HTTR (might say more about me than the scenario though), especially with the artillery and the motorised reinforcements.

It is a good scenario, lots of fun trying to contain overwhelming numbers coming ashore. One issue, at day 3.05 (I think) when the reinforcments are due, the game 'freezes' briefly and then the reinforcments kind of get dumped at once. Was this deliberate? I do not know much about scenario making in HTTR so I am not sure how you set up this stuff.

Sorry for the absence of pics.

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 15
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 2/21/2005 3:37:19 AM   
Rooster

quote:

One issue, at day 3.05 (I think) when the reinforcments are due, the game 'freezes' briefly and then the reinforcments kind of get dumped at once. Was this deliberate? I do not know much about scenario making in HTTR so I am not sure how you set up this stuff.

I noticed too - definitely not deliberate. It could either be that I've got reinforcements coming in some way that isn't intended (e.g. individual units, rather than as a reg. or brigade) or, all the allied units "land" at the same time and it's simply too much. Mabye I should stagger their arrival, which would be more realistic anyway.

Thanks to all for the comments and feedback! I'm glad you've found it enjoyable.

(in reply to iaidoka2)
Post #: 16
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/5/2005 10:04:20 AM   
Marmaduke

Hi Rooster,
Is there anyplace I can download your scenarios, they look really cool.
Thanks for your hard work.

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 17
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/6/2005 5:28:22 AM   
Rooster

Hi Marmaduke - email me at dlpod@yahoo.com. I lost my hosting space and haven't regrouped yet. I'm sending the file to Jef and El Savior to host on their sites, but email me in the mean time.

(in reply to Marmaduke)
Post #: 18
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/7/2005 1:50:41 PM   
thomcli

Rooster,

I can not get the download link to work.

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 19
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/7/2005 8:50:30 PM   
Marmaduke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

Hi Marmaduke - email me at dlpod@yahoo.com. I lost my hosting space and haven't regrouped yet. I'm sending the file to Jef and El Savior to host on their sites, but email me in the mean time.

Thanks Rooster, got it and played a little already.
Got any more scenarios?

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 20
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/8/2005 3:24:49 AM   
Rooster

Hi Marmaduke -

There's one more... click >HERE<

I'm glad you liked it... there's a bunch to download at El Savior's site as well:

CLICK HERE

(in reply to Marmaduke)
Post #: 21
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/8/2005 6:40:00 PM   
El Savior

Rooster's new Carentan/Utah Beach scenario and Hedgegrow exapansion pack is now available for download at Airborne Depot. Check link in my signature.

Scenario is looking really nice. I *have* to check this out. Great work Rooster.

El Savior

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 22
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/9/2005 4:41:56 AM   
Rooster

Big props to El Savior for posting the files. Thanks Amigo!

(in reply to El Savior)
Post #: 23
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/9/2005 6:59:08 AM   
Marmaduke

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Savior

Rooster's new Carentan/Utah Beach scenario and Hedgegrow exapansion pack is now available for download at Airborne Depot. Check link in my signature.

Scenario is looking really nice. I *have* to check this out. Great work Rooster.

I am playing your Bulge scenario right now.Another masterpiece - thanks El Savior

< Message edited by Marmaduke -- 4/9/2005 7:02:49 AM >

(in reply to El Savior)
Post #: 24
RE: 'nuther map and scenario - 4/9/2005 7:35:29 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

I'm going to post a new map and scenario this weekend. The map I am proud of,

You should be proud
Nice work !

< Message edited by Sarge -- 4/9/2005 7:38:40 AM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> 'nuther map and scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI