Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with HQ Replacement level

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Problem with HQ Replacement level Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with HQ Replacement level - 8/16/2001 8:20:00 PM   
moonfog

My opponent and I are facing a strange problem in our '41 PBEM Game. Since the first turn of August 1941, some HQs on both sides have set their replacement level to zero (not only the OP points!). On the german side it's always West- and Africafront and the 2. hungarian Army HQ. On the soviet side it seems to happen to RVGK and also Front HQs. We don't know what the reason for this a little bit annoying problem could be. I know that there is a maximum OP points, but if there were too few, that should only reduce the OP points in some HQs, not the Replacement level (or not?). Also I never noticed this problem before if I remember right (neither in AI games nor in PBEM). Normally I set replacement level between 90 and 100 during Blitzkrieg rules (never caused a problem until now). After I saw my three HQs on level 0, I reduced the replacement levels of all my eastern HQs. That had no effect, still they start each turn with 0:0. Has anyone had the same problem or does anyone know a reason for this happening??? Thanks for some suggestions
Moonfog

Post #: 1
- 8/16/2001 10:32:00 PM   
RickyB

quote:

Originally posted by moonfog:
My opponent and I are facing a strange problem in our '41 PBEM Game. Since the first turn of August 1941, some HQs on both sides have set their replacement level to zero (not only the OP points!). On the german side it's always West- and Africafront and the 2. hungarian Army HQ. On the soviet side it seems to happen to RVGK and also Front HQs. We don't know what the reason for this a little bit annoying problem could be. I know that there is a maximum OP points, but if there were too few, that should only reduce the OP points in some HQs, not the Replacement level (or not?). Also I never noticed this problem before if I remember right (neither in AI games nor in PBEM).
... Thanks for some suggestions
Moonfog

This is a problem that has come up before. It is related to the units that are assigned to the HQ having problems. I don't remember the details right now and am not home to check a list of problems, but it has something to do with the mix of units assigned to it, including subordinate HQs. It seems like something to do with having a subordinate korps and the units assigned to it, like not having an actual division in it. Anyway, look for something like that in the HQs with the problem versus those without the problem, or maybe someone else in the know will post the solution.

Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 2
- 8/16/2001 11:40:00 PM   
moonfog

Hi Ricky the one thing that all HQs with that problem (at least on the german side) have in common is that they have no subordinate HQs or Korps. West- and Africafront are stand-alone HQs attached to OKW and 2. hungarian Army also has no Korps attached to it at the moment. I also didn't change any Divisions in the West and Africa since the beginning of the game. I only changed some air groups. And 2. hungarian is empty. Regards
Moonfog [ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: moonfog ]

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 3
- 8/17/2001 3:06:00 PM   
Ed Cogburn

quote:

Originally posted by moonfog:
Hi Ricky the one thing that all HQs with that problem (at least on the german side) have in common is that they have no subordinate HQs or Korps.

Yes, I saw this happen in Soviet HQs created behind STAVKA as containers for rebuilding/training air groups and ground forces. Rick did we ever get a save file that would demonstrate this happening? Moonfog, do you have a save game that starts with a normal HQ, but after playing a couple of turns it loses its OPs?

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 4
- 8/17/2001 4:02:00 PM   
moonfog

quote:

Originally posted by Ed Cogburn:

Yes, I saw this happen in Soviet HQs created behind STAVKA as containers for rebuilding/training air groups and ground forces. Rick did we ever get a save file that would demonstrate this happening? Moonfog, do you have a save game that starts with a normal HQ, but after playing a couple of turns it loses its OPs?

I sent a save file of the last german turn to Rick. He changed something so the HQs do have Replacement level at the beginning of the turn. Don't know yet for how long this will last. The reason why the problem happened is still unknown. I'll check my e-mail, perhaps I have a save file of an older turn. If so I will send it to you both. Thanks
Moonfog

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 5
- 8/17/2001 8:42:00 PM   
Micha

quote:

Originally posted by Ed Cogburn:

Yes, I saw this happen in Soviet HQs created behind STAVKA as containers for rebuilding/training air groups and ground forces.

Yes, this can be very annoying. In a recent 1941 pbem game I put all my russian air groups in newly created HQs, gave them training orders and concentrated on other things. But at the start of the winter, when I intended to bring them to the front, I had to see that the experience of all airgroups had not improved at all. Obviously, due to a lack of OP the HQs had not performed the training operations.
Now I attach an army with one division/corps to each of those HQs, and it works.

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 6
- 8/17/2001 10:27:00 PM   
Svar

quote:

Originally posted by Micha:

Yes, this can be very annoying. In a recent 1941 pbem game I put all my russian air groups in newly created HQs, gave them training orders and concentrated on other things. But at the start of the winter, when I intended to bring them to the front, I had to see that the experience of all airgroups had not improved at all. Obviously, due to a lack of OP the HQs had not performed the training operations.
Now I attach an army with one division/corps to each of those HQs, and it works.

Micha, When you place a Soviet HQ for the first time, its replacement level is 0 so if you don't change it you will never get any OPs for that HQ and it will not be able to perform any functions. Svar

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 7
- 8/19/2001 3:24:00 AM   
Micha

Svar,
I did change the replacement level, in fact put it to 100 in order to have my badly mauled air groups reinforced. I later noticed that when a HQ has no OP its replacement level drops down to 0 again.

(in reply to moonfog)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Problem with HQ Replacement level Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI