Tournament Interest?

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

Yakstock

Tournament Interest?

Post by Yakstock »

Once before I had tried to start a tournament - I think it was the RDOA days. I would like to see if there is any interest in having one again. I pulled the rules we were going to use from the Drop Zone and listed them below. If you are interested post a reply with your email and I will follow up with you if I get enough players. I will be glad to treat the winner to a free copy of COTA when it comes out. (Beta testers can play but do not get the prize...)

Tournament Rules
After pairing up the participants (1st round will be trying to pair up people in the same time zone), the top 50% of the best scores (i.e sum of victory points) on the same scenario (played twice by each team of two – switching sides after first game) would progress on to the semi-final. Slightly more than 50% may go forward to ensure an even number of players in round two.

The semi-finalists will do the same thing (play twice) on a second scenario. Top three winners will be based on the score of this second round.

Players taking over 2 months per round will be excluded.
Players who have an opponent who drops out will be responsible to find new opponents if they wish to continue in tournament.

Players Agreement
Players agree to send the results (victory points) of each game to Yakstock who will compile them. Results will be published here.

Players agree to send a small update to the webmaster for their game. This can be as simple or as elaborate as each player would like, but should be updated after each session.

Players agree this is for the fun of the game and to spur interest in the game, so no complaining after the fact allowed!
Murky71

RE: Tournament Interest?

Post by Murky71 »

Count me in

murky71nl [at] hccnet [dot] nl
GMT +1
springel

Post by springel »

OK
deadman

Post by deadman »

Sounds like fun... felixdakat72@hotmail.com

Mike
Spartan07

Post by Spartan07 »

Im in!

mike dit nego at ntlworld d.t com
Mike - Nego
Willard

Post by Willard »

I would like to play, so please add me to those interested.
EricGuitarJames

Post by EricGuitarJames »

Me too! Hey Cap, we gonna hook up some time?
It's Just a Ride!
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

Bump - Let's try to get a few more players...I would like to have 12 at least. I encourage all that are on the fence to give it a try - it will be fun and you might win that game of COTA ...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, count me in too. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
benway9

Post by benway9 »

havent had the pleasure of playing online, but i'll give it a try
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I'm in - don't have as much time as I used to, but this sounds like fun.
iaidoka

Post by iaidoka »

Ill have a go but note a. I am a novice and b. I only (currently) have dial up internet access so do not know if that makes an impact.

How do you intend to resolve time zone issues so we are not playing at times inconvenient to one side or another?
EricGuitarJames

Post by EricGuitarJames »

ORIGINAL: iaidoka

Ill have a go but note a. I am a novice and b. I only (currently) have dial up internet access so do not know if that makes an impact.

How do you intend to resolve time zone issues so we are not playing at times inconvenient to one side or another?

Dial up doesn't present a problem. Time zones can be problematic I agree, but I'd think it would be something for players to sort out per individual game.
It's Just a Ride!
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

Latest info on the tourney! Feel free to copy this and post it on boards you know of where HTTR players may lurk...This will be our last call for players...

Matrix Games has agreed to host our first major Highway to the Reich Tournament! This means the winner will be eligible for a $50 Matrix Games gift certificate, AND the top four players will be entitled to a free copy of the upcoming “Conquest of the Aegean”, the follow up game to Highway to the Reich focused on many of the battles (real and hypothetical) during World War II in Greece, Crete and Malta. Don’t miss this opportunity to join the tournament and compete for the games and have some fun.

Get more information and post at this link to join the tourney:

tm.asp?m=773858#

Or email me at:

gstockbridge@comcast.net
pkpowers

Post by pkpowers »

count me in fer sure also sir
Isacco

Post by Isacco »

I'm interested.

isaccoubaldi@yahoo.it
Yakstock

Post by Yakstock »

OK - The games have begun! Check out the nice page Jef put up at the drop zone...

http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/dropzone/tournaments

All players have been emailed the contact info and can start when ready! Good luck to all!
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Great game Isacco - I'll get you next time!

Attachments
isacco.jpg
isacco.jpg (67.23 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Isacco

Post by Isacco »

Dan,

You are right! Great game!!!

I win because Dan wake up at 5.00am to play [>:] and I take advantage of his confusion .... [:D]

I'm sure you will make things difficult for me in the next game .... [X(]

Isacco
deadman

Post by deadman »

Looks like it was a tough match. Great map for the tourney. I've played it in single player a few times and it is always pretty even. How long did it take it play in 2 player mode?

Mike

Return to “Highway to the Reich”