From: In a van, down by the river.
First off, hello all, it's been a LONG time.
Secondly, a possible solution to the "Register x 2" phenomenon. Give us the ability to real-time delete our own accounts. I too have two names on the boards here (one for the DL'd updates and old faithful here). If I could've deleted "Vathailos" and simply re-registered it I'd kill two birds w/ one stone. May not be possible with Ubb, and there's the added sorrow of your date of registry going away and number of posts, but IMO that's not a crisis.
Thirdly, comments on the 8.3 patch :
1) US OOB
* Scott 75mm has two simeltaneous appearences on the "fix/change" menu during long campaigns (as the US obviously). One of them may be bugged, as I'd eventually changed a two-arty unit into two Scotts. Problem/bug is, when I selected my arty "Bombardment" menu, only one of them was listed. It wasn't a case of 'no radio contact' or supression, it just plain wasn't there.
* The Whizbang rocket launcher tank has a range of 6, is this intended?
* One variant of jeep has a tow/carry capacity of 108, is that correct? Just find it odd that there are so many varied ones with differing capacities.
Example: Jeep .50 cal CAP=2; Jeep CAP=4; Jeep .30 cal CAP=104; Jeep CAP=105; Jeep .30 cal CAP 108.
See what I mean? All in the OOB similtaneously.
* M3 .50 cal Halftracks appear to be coded to cary the troops on the outside/unprotected. Simple rifle fire against the M3s dismounts troops w/ supression. Is this intentional?
2) GE OOB
* Halftrack and HT-variant carrying capacities are odd. Between the 251 and 250 variants there are tons of different carrying capacities. If you use a graphic for a 251-based variant with its tow hook on the rear, it should be able to tow at least a small gun (104 CAP?) like the FJ 25mm ATG. I can understand a few of the 250 variants not having tow capacity, but the 251s with a simple gun on them (ex. 251/10) have a capacity of 5 (not 105) yet they show the tow shackle on the graphic for the unit IIRC.
**will edit as soon as I remember more, same for SO OOB**
Love SPW@W:GE (bought both DL and physical CD, although the latter arrived blank). Very impressed, had my booty handed to my by LV on the 4th scenario (super-sized ego check there ).
Thanks all for a job well-done.
< Message edited by Vathailos -- 11/27/2004 9:13:06 PM >