Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Loading troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading troops - 10/7/2004 6:14:22 PM   
jrhelly

Hello,

I am trying to load some troops in some APs ships.

I first create a task force consisting of 4 APs with a combined load capability of 20,000.

I then clock Load Troop Only, but the unit I want to load doesn't show up in the list, even though that unit IS in the exagon. I don't know why, the Load requirement of that particular unit is only 5,000.

Is there any other restriction I should be aware of ? I read the manual but wasn't able to find an answer to my question...

Cheers,
Post #: 1
RE: Loading troops - 10/7/2004 6:27:52 PM   
WhoCares

Most likely a restricted HQ, e.g. Homeland, China, Dutch, ...

In this case, to be able to load the troops you have to switch the units HQ to a different (not restricted(!)) HQ, which requires Political Points (PP) depending on the size of the unit.

< Message edited by WhoCares -- 10/7/2004 5:31:53 PM >

(in reply to jrhelly)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading troops - 10/7/2004 11:20:09 PM   
kbullard

Another possibility is a static unit. Check the unit display of the unit in question to see if it lists load costs in the lower left, or says "static". My experience is exactly as you describe: the unit doesn't appear in the load list.

Kurt

(in reply to WhoCares)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading troops - 10/8/2004 2:26:31 PM   
Twotribes

There are many Restricted commands , you can not load units from such a command on a ship, as was mentioned you need to change the command to another non restrcited HQs, which costs Political Points.

Restricted commands are

Japanese

Home Defense
Kwangtung
China Expeditionary

Allied

ABDA
USAFFE
West Coast
Canada
Australia
New Zealand

And also as was mentioned if it is a stactic unit ( has a component that cant move in TO&E then it can never move. But seems to me those units dont even list a load amount.

(in reply to kbullard)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading troops - 10/9/2004 8:16:42 AM   
jrhelly

Indeed that particular INF unit is Australian, alright, I guess I know what I have to do then. Thanks a lot for ther helpful replies chaps !

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Loading troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI