Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help: Base -> HQ assignment ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 11:29:57 AM   
mc3744

I can't work this out.

Say I have the Southwest Pacif HQ in Port Moresby, plus Southwest Pacif assigned LCUs and air units plus Australia Command units.
What's the difference in having PM assigned to:
1) Southwest Pacif
2) Australia Command
??

Thanks for your help , I just don't get it
Post #: 1
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 11:39:32 AM   
general billy

I believe its better to have all ur LCU's to be under the same command the location is, so you should change their HQ's when you have sufficient political points. Units and Orders are processed better in this way, since they be working together under the same HQ.

WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 2
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 11:44:28 AM   
mc3744

What do you exactly mean by 'orders are processed better'?
What changes? Do you know it?

Thanks

(in reply to general billy)
Post #: 3
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 12:00:22 PM   
general billy

I think its explained better in the manual, but for example air units with the same air HQ, means more planes go on missions since the orders are 'processed' better

WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 4
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 12:04:57 PM   
mc3744

quote:

ORIGINAL: general billy

I think its explained better in the manual, but for example air units with the same air HQ, means more planes go on missions since the orders are 'processed' better

I've gone through the manual. According to it, you get more air missions if you have an air HQ, but there's nothing related to the base assignment. And you couldn't assign a unit or a base to an air HQ anyway.

The thing I'm trying to understand is not how HQs work, but how base assignement works.

Thanks

Post #: 5
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 12:32:49 PM   
general billy

You cant move some LCU's to bases that dont have the same HQ Command, u need to convert them or they wont unload.
This limits you on what you can do.

Hope that helps.

WITP Games
Scen 16 as Allied = Lost
Scen 13 as Jap = Won
Scen 15 as Allied = Won
Scen 16 as Jap = NA
WPO Games
Scen 6 as Allied = Won
Scen 6 as Japs = NA

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 6
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 1:02:07 PM   
mc3744

quote:

ORIGINAL: general billy

You cant move some LCU's to bases that dont have the same HQ Command, u need to convert them or they wont unload.
This limits you on what you can do.

Hope that helps.

Nope it doesn't
Sorry, it's just that you can actually unload Southwest Pacific units in PM, even though the base is assigned to Australia Command.
The point is: why should I reassign the base to Southwest Pacific?

I really appreciate you effort to help

Post #: 7
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 1:56:02 PM   
Twotribes

There is little reason to reassign Port Morsby, it will function just fine as australia command. The small advantage to haveing it at Australia command is any aircraft belong to the restricted Australia Command can be sent there with out paying PP to make them another command.

Pretty sure reinforcement are effected by HQ ( for LCU ) and as long as the base is in command radius it doesnt matter what HQs it is ( Units matter though, to get reinforcements they need HQs in range)

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 8
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 2:49:56 PM   
mc3744

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

There is little reason to reassign Port Morsby, it will function just fine as australia command. The small advantage to haveing it at Australia command is any aircraft belong to the restricted Australia Command can be sent there with out paying PP to make them another command.

Pretty sure reinforcement are effected by HQ ( for LCU ) and as long as the base is in command radius it doesnt matter what HQs it is ( Units matter though, to get reinforcements they need HQs in range)

Excellent, that's what I was thinking.
Hence it's only an 'esthetic' reason the fact that in 1942 scenario all New Guinea and surrounding area is assigned to the US.

According to the command radius, I understood that: a) if the unit is not connected by earth, regardless the radius, it does not get replacements, b) if it is linked, the max distance depends on the terrain type between the LCU and the HQ.
Does that sound right to you?

Thanks a lot

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 9
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 6:47:21 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Ground units receive replacement if they are within the supply range of a base and the base has in excess of 2 x its own supply requirements. This excess will then be used provide replacements for all units within range. How they are parcelled out I don't know, probably like dealing cards?

The supply range is calculated by tracing a supply path, subtracting it from 100. If the result is >50 then the unit will receive replacements.

The path is calculated by:
Rail/Highway = 2
Road = 5
Trail = 25
Cross country = 50

The base hex and unit hex are not included (at least I don't think so as the manual says 'traced through')

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 10
RE: Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? - 9/29/2004 8:52:23 PM   
mc3744

Thanks Chris H.

Are you sure it's within supply range of a 'base' and not of the HQ? Any base? Supplies are enough?

I know I'm punctilious ... I just can't help it (I'm not sure punctilious is actually an English word )

I need to make sure how to kick my beloved opponent's butt

Thanks again everybody

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Help: Base -> HQ assignment ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI