Need "slow-paced" Japanese oppent(s)

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Feinder

Need "slow-paced" Japanese oppent(s)

Post by Feinder »

Alrighty then.

Knavey and I have been playing as a team as Allies vs. the Japan AI.

We are looking for PBEM opponent(s) to play the Japanese. We will play as a team. We prefer to play a team, but will take a solo opponent if no team steps up to our challenge.

Keep in mind that, TEAMS SLOW THINGS DOWN.

A LOT.

So if you want 2 or 3 turns a day, forget it. It's more like a turn every 3 or 4 days.

Our first choice is Scen #15, and yes, we're very aware that it will likely be our great-grand-childern that actually finish the game. If you're not keen on that, pick another scenario, and we'll get back with you.

The way it works is...

If there are 2 players for Japan then...

Japan #1 player begins game. Send file and password to his team-mate.
Japan #2 player makes his moves, then sends the file to Kavey.
Knavey makes his moves, sends files to Feinder.
Feinder makes his moves, corrects all of Knavey's mistakes [:D], and then sends file back to Japan #1.
Japan #1 executes the turn, makes his moves, and sends to Japan #2.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Obviously, this takes a while (figure one day per player per turn).

How you chose to split up your team is up to you. IJA and IJN, or by theater, doesn't matter to us, it's your war. We play USN and RCN (Knavey) and RN, RDN, RAN (Feinder). It works for us, but again, you can split up commands any way you want.

As far as Options and House Rules, both are negotiable. We don't really care one way or the other.

Post here what options you want, and we'll give you feed back. I personaly don't care one way or another about historic starts or those 4 different starting locations, but Knavey will need to chime in, since those are his toys you're talking about. I will say that, we don't really want to go more than 2 day turns, because it's too easy to exploit the lack of reaction time for 3 (or more) day turns. Would prefer 1 day turns.

We generally favor "no house rules", since it's ultimately very difficult to enforce, and only leads to crying if anyone marginally appears to break them.

No house rules means anything goes. If you can figure out a way to invade Karachi on Turn 1, and I'm stupid enough to let you, then go right ahead. If you want to bomb Manilla and kill 20 subs, go right ahead. If Knavey wants to strip the Devistators off his CVs, in place of Marine Wilcats, he can. Again, no house rules means anything goes, no whining, and figure out how to deal with it. And yes, we -will- continue to play even if we're really tanked (or conceed), but we don't have a problem being the Alamo, just trying to take as many of you with us before you lop our heads off).

I cannot stress enough that if you want a fast game, don't spend more than a blink on this post. A fast game isn't going to happen.

So, who's ready to take on "The Brothers Grim"?

-F-

Edit - And I'll even do a nicely narrated AAR of our campain. I did some very well recieved ones on the UV boards.

Oh. We have played UV for quite some time, and been playing WitP since it came out. So we do have some experience. If you're new, I'm not going to tell you to stay away, but just be advised that we do have a faily good grasp of what's going on. But I do know that playing Japan as a new player can be tough, because early mistakes can be very unforgiving. Or if some of the very experienced guys want to step up, that's fine; there's a certainly nobility to getting ours butts kicked by some of the aces around here.
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

kbullard

RE: Need "slow-paced" Japanese oppent(s)

Post by kbullard »

I'll take part of that action! I've got some skills (at both UV and now WitP); am happy to take Japan; am interested in the format; could work a nice, slow game around a couple of others; and freely acknowledge the realities (one day turns accomplished every 3-4 days, opportunity to relay my password to great grandchildren, etc). The opportunity to be immortalized in an AAR is just a bonus. [:D]

Happy to be part of a team, or take IJN if we can't find a fourth. Send email to kbullardus@yahoo.com.

Kurt
ltfightr

Post by ltfightr »

I would like to be in on this as well. I have been playing UV and Witp since they arrived but have not done a lot of pbem. I sent Kurt an E-mail to see if a joining may be done BANZI
Support the Boy Scouts buy Popcorn!
http://www.trails-end.com/estore/scouts ... id=3133025
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

Woot!

Game on!

Realistically you can expect a turn every day or so. In the vs. AI game we have going right now, Feinder and I have managed 1 a day for a last week. But he has a new son, and if you expect them a little slower, you won't be disappointed if we say every few days.

Look forward to this.
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

It's game on then!

What options and settings do y'all want?

I know Knavey is up right now, so we can get his 2-bits on this also. Hopefully get this worked out today, so y'all can start your 1st turn tonight.

-F-

Feinder's email : sherlocker@tampabay.rr.com
Knavey's email : cherlock@tampabay.rr.com
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Return to “Opponents wanted”