Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't get editor to work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Can't get editor to work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get editor to work - 8/29/2004 5:20:23 AM   
SpitfireIX

Hello, all--

I can't get the editor to work at all. I saved both the database and the scenario for Scenario 15 into Scenario 42, but whenever I open that slot, it won't let me edit. Help!!!

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41
Post #: 1
RE: Can't get editor to work - 8/29/2004 5:31:42 AM   
pry

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpitfireIX

Hello, all--

I can't get the editor to work at all. I saved both the database and the scenario for Scenario 15 into Scenario 42, but whenever I open that slot, it won't let me edit. Help!!!

What slot did you try to save the files into?

(in reply to SpitfireIX)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get editor to work - 8/29/2004 6:05:39 AM   
Mr.Frag

Did you key in a name when you went to save as?

no name = no save

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't get editor to work - 8/29/2004 9:14:46 PM   
SpitfireIX

I saved it in Slot 42, with the comment "Ambush." Even tried it agin. But when I open 42 Ambush the Edit menu is greyed out.

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't get editor to work - 8/29/2004 9:15:42 PM   
SpitfireIX

And I did save both the database and the scenario.

(in reply to SpitfireIX)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't get editor to work - 8/30/2004 1:17:16 PM   
tanjman

SpitfireIX,

The only menu that is enabled in the editor is the File menu. You can use the Copy, Paste, Move, Insert, Remove & Find buttons at the bottom of the screen. Everything else has to be edited by field.

BTW if you want to use a spredsheet to edit the database try michaelm's witpload.

quote:

Hello, all--

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to SpitfireIX)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't get editor to work - 9/1/2004 8:16:57 AM   
SpitfireIX

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanjman

SpitfireIX,

The only menu that is enabled in the editor is the File menu. You can use the Copy, Paste, Move, Insert, Remove & Find buttons at the bottom of the screen. Everything else has to be edited by field.

BTW if you want to use a spredsheet to edit the database try michaelm's witpload.

quote:

Hello, all--

I'm not particularly interested in editing the database--I'm just interested in modifying Scenario 15 to give better Allied preparation and dispositions. When I open the scenario editor and load the copy of 15 that I saved in slot 42, only two buttons are shown--"Locations" and "Groups" There's an Edit menu next to the File menu, but it' grayed out, even after the scenario is loaded.

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't get editor to work - 9/1/2004 10:53:25 AM   
Arkady

in scenario editor you can change overall settings, if you want touch LCUs, Bases, TFs etc you must open database editor

read manual !

Arkady

(in reply to SpitfireIX)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't get editor to work - 9/2/2004 5:36:35 AM   
SpitfireIX

Did read manual--it should be a lot longer. But I think I'm starting to figure out how to use the editor. Although I still don't understand what the greyed-out "Edit" menu is for.

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Can't get editor to work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI