Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gamestopping bug - please read

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Gamestopping bug - please read Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gamestopping bug - please read - 8/19/2004 3:04:48 AM   
Major Bong

First of May 42´ and Im preparing for offensive actions around Guadacanal, suddenly I notice I no longer have any control about the AK´s and TK´s located in San Francisco. So I turn off the auto-convoy feature, but it didnt help. I make sure San Francisco and the according region is set to human control - didnt help either. I remove every transport ship from the auto convoy menu and let a few turns pass, also didnt help. Save/load, restart...nada.

What the computer does is that he puts any transport or tanker back into the harbor after I create a taskforce and end the turn.

Example: I try to create a taskforce from San Francisco to Pearl Harbor, auto-disband to off, patrol/do not retire, destination Pear Harbor, human control, 2 DD´s some AK´s. All orders are accepted and the path is highlighted on the hex fields.

I end the turn and check out the status of this taskforce, the result is that the DD´s are still in the taskforce and in San Francisco, while all AK´s have been removed and put back into the pool.

Game was patched to latest version before I started the campain.

Does anyone have the same problem or know a solution ??
Post #: 1
RE: Gamestopping bug - please read - 8/19/2004 3:16:28 AM   
Beezle

Need more information. Is this under version 1.21 and is this a whole map scenario (which one?)

One possible source of your problem is if this is whole map scenario and you have the North Pacific set to computer control. That is a known bug on the fix-list.

You can work around it by turning off computer control of the Northern map area.

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to Major Bong)
Post #: 2
RE: Gamestopping bug - please read - 8/19/2004 3:18:38 AM   
rogueusmc

Earlier it was a bug that North Pacific region on computer control screwed it and the Central Pacific regions up....computer was taking ships even if there was not auto convoy toggled.

Beezle beat me to it.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 8/18/2004 7:19:07 PM >

As Americans, we go forward, in the service of our country, by the will of God. - Franklin D. Roosevelt[/center]

(in reply to Beezle)
Post #: 3
RE: Gamestopping bug - please read - 8/19/2004 3:47:15 AM   
Major Bong

Version is 1.21.

Campaign 41B;8 Dec 41-31 Mar 46 by Paul R. (Pry) Yarnall

I just tried deactivating the Northern AI (and then all zone AI´s), didnt work either, same problem. I would really hate having to start over again and lose hours of playtime.

< Message edited by Major Bong -- 8/19/2004 1:54:20 AM >

(in reply to Major Bong)
Post #: 4
RE: Gamestopping bug - please read - 8/20/2004 2:01:04 AM   
mongo

Sorry Major,

Be prepared to lose a LOT of hours. This game will be patched a bit yet, and with numerous OOB tweaks for a while too. All OOB changes will require a restart to take advantage of them.

Look at it this way, it's great practice at least

"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

(in reply to Major Bong)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Gamestopping bug - please read Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI