Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Product Release Date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> RE: Product Release Date Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Product Release Date - 10/5/2004 8:04:19 PM   
J P Falcon

Check out the news section for an update on the release date which will be February 2005.....

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 10/5/2004 1:06:28 PM >

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 31
RE: Product Release Date - 10/5/2004 8:55:05 PM   
paullus99

Given that we haven't even reached "beta" yet, that's probably a decent date to shoot for. Heck, I'd buy it right now if I could.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 32
RE: Product Release Date - 10/5/2004 9:21:23 PM   
j campbell

i agree with paullus99

the game is rock stable and aside from tweaking computer AI (which is tough on challenging) this game is purchasable now in muy opinion. nevertheless joel and gary are really taking it up a level adding chrome with different sound effects and adding art improvements. what i love about these guys are they are perfectionists (in my opinion)so i was alittle surprised by the "delay" if thats what it could be called because the game is extremely thorough and completely layable right now-we just have to increase its shine.

BTW. there is a new pbem 5 player testig game going on now.

it is entitled "Albatross" i sent the turn to a newer tester and it should be making its rounds shortly. -sorry i didn't take a screenshot for u-typical opening for me as Germany.

i took out france and Denmark sent troops to the Yugoslavia border-increased armament production for a "Super Barbarossa" scheduled tentatively for spring of 1941. I'll ask Dgold to take a screenshot (Fow is on so not sure what u will see)

"the willow branch but bends beneath the snow"

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 33
RE: Product Release Date - 10/6/2004 3:26:20 AM   
MrSloth

So I have to wait for February. Hmmm.... If only I could go into hibernation for a couple months to make the wait shorter.

(in reply to j campbell)
Post #: 34
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 2:29:51 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

Even I, being just a lowly beta tester can say with 95% certainty that this game won't be out by november. Lets be realistic.

Oleg PROMISED, with 5% certainty, that the game would be released BY November. Now I feel 5% cheated. Where do I file a grievance??

And Maurice, you showed me a demo at WBC two months ago. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Whenever you get this game finished, I'll be in line waiting for it.

(in reply to Moranga)
Post #: 35
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 3:10:46 AM   
Sonny

Rats rats rats. Oh well, WitP will keep me busy (if the patch ever comes out).

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 36
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 6:55:35 AM   
LRRP

I agree with Hertston, i mean its one thing to advertise for a christmas release product but for one that is over a half year away seems a little crazy.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 37
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 1:51:49 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP

I agree with Hertston, i mean its one thing to advertise for a christmas release product but for one that is over a half year away seems a little crazy.

It happens all the time in the "mainstream" gaming industry. I remember seeing ads for Half Life well over a year and a half before the game was released. Same with Half Life 2, Rome: Total War, not to mention some really extreme examples like SiN etc.

As for X-mas... since we betas all think this game is "buyable" even in its current state, I think you should applaud 2by3 for actually wanting to polish it to perfection, before release, and not "rushing" it to get to the X-mas market, as many other companies will do (it certainly seems doable given the state of development the game is in).

So bear with the devs some more, and we hope to entertain you with AARs and stuff in the meantime (though we got a bit lazy lately in AAR department).

O.

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 38
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 1:57:38 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

I think you should applaud 2by3 for actually wanting to polish it to perfection, before release, and not "rushing" it to get to the X-mas market, as many other companies will do (it certainly seems doable given the state of development the game is in).

Nah, I vote we rush it out for X-Mas and patch it for the Easter holidays

Marc von Martial

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 39
RE: Product Release Date - 10/7/2004 2:59:19 PM   
IDrinkBeer

quote:

Nah, I vote we rush it out for X-Mas and patch it for the Easter holidays

Hell, I say you release it now and not bother with it anymore.

Patches? Patches? PATCHES??? We don't need no stinkin' PATCHES!!!

IDB

"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 40
RE: The Game? - 10/7/2004 10:31:52 PM   
Popeye USN

Is this another UV or WinP? If not, how's it differ? Thanks in advance...

(in reply to Moranga)
Post #: 41
RE: The Game? - 10/7/2004 10:35:44 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

Popeye I suggest you read the WAW FAQ on this board (sticky post)...

O.

(in reply to Popeye USN)
Post #: 42
RE: The Game? - 10/13/2004 5:52:06 PM   
solops

I am relieved to see that the game has been delayed so that the AI can be improved. After the AI fiasco in Rome:Total War, otherwise one of the greatest games ever made, it is nice to think we might get an AI in WAW that will make the game worth buying.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 43
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 1:11:18 AM   
MrSloth

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

I am relieved to see that the game has been delayed so that the AI can be improved. After the AI fiasco in Rome:Total War, otherwise one of the greatest games ever made, it is nice to think we might get an AI in WAW that will make the game worth buying.

I hear you about Rome: Total War. I can not believe how stupid the AI is in that game. The sad part is even with crappy AI the game is still pretty fun to play so could you imagine how good the game would be if the AI could put up more of a fight?

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 44
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 1:34:44 AM   
paullus99

The AI can really put you behind an 8-Ball in this game....as the allies, I've made my victorious march on Berlin, only to have the AI stage a counteroffensive that completely shatters my front (just yesterday I ended a game as Russia with Germany still controlling most of Eastern Europe - the AI smashed my forward troops & I didn't have enough time to recover).

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to MrSloth)
Post #: 45
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 2:31:42 AM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

This is an important point that solops made....the AI has improved significantly over the last few builds....it has become more aggresive and innovative, for example, I am seeing more Land/Sea/Air coordinated attacks by the AI, especially in the Mediterrainian...so patience does bring about its' own rewards............

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 10/13/2004 7:32:30 PM >

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 46
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 3:54:03 AM   
Yohan

I have to agree. I amazed at the AIs ability, it is very intuitive. I hate playing the AI in any game and much prefer humans but can see this one getting time on the airplane etc.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 47
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 11:12:46 PM   
MButtazoni

here's the Japanese AI going head to head with a human WA player in Fall 1942:

< Message edited by MButtazoni -- 10/14/2004 3:14:21 PM >

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 48
RE: The Game? - 10/14/2004 11:58:26 PM   
J P Falcon

And if anyone is wondering which dope is allowing the Japanese to raid Australia like that....guilty as charged....but, my Germany first strategy might turn this game around in the next few turns...or...I might get my ass whooped as in a previous game....

(in reply to MButtazoni)
Post #: 49
RE: The Game? - 10/15/2004 12:57:54 AM   
MButtazoni

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

And if anyone is wondering which dope is allowing the Japanese to raid Australia like that....guilty as charged....but, my Germany first strategy might turn this game around in the next few turns...or...I might get my ass whooped as in a previous game....

i wasn't going to mention any names

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 50
RE: The Game? - 10/15/2004 1:06:10 AM   
J P Falcon

....and this is the fruit of my labor...I will either sink or swim with the twin invasions of Europe in the Summer of '43!...the force pool at the bottom is my Paris Occupation Army....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MButtazoni)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> RE: Product Release Date Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI