- I want to know the current weather DURING the turn (after the orders phase, when all the AI goes down)
- I want to be able to transfer individual pilots to other squadrons ( in order to mix aces and greenhorns, or to create an elite squadron ).
- I want to see air post-sortie reports, it would help to know whether a squadron was grounded due to weather, or because they failed the morale check, or because the airfield was too damaged.
- I want to see tonnage sunk by individual submarines, hey fighterboys gets their tally. mariners should get too (any mariners for that matter) :)
- If you select a ship from the 'ship' screen you should be able to see where it's located.. maybe i'm retarded but i can't see this anywhere. This applies to Task forces too
e.g. I go to the TF list, to check on my many-many-many ASW TFs, and see that a couple are low on ASW ammo, so i want to see where they are so i can replace them with a second-line ASW TF. If i click the TF i can't see where it is, no highlights or anything - besides the report screen covers the hex board -- it should be movable -- So i can click "return to port" but now i have to spend 5 minutes going through my TFs on the map trying to figure out which TF i just sent home (i had 20 active ASW TFs at the time).
- You should be able to view ALL planned paths at once.. It's really annoying to try to schedule a rendez-vouz in the middle of an ocean having to memorize the Coordinates. A TF should have a red, thin, line from it's origin showing its intended path on the map even when NOT selected.
- The game should warn you if you overstock a carrier. AT LEAST if that carrier is in an Air Combat TF.
- This game SERIOUSLY needs a better reporting/information management system. OK blah blah realism FoW, but i'm a gamer with a life, i can't go from base to base to TF to TF figuring out what is running low on what etc.. I want a non-combat report sheet showing stuff like this:
7/12/44 : Palau requires more supplies
7/12/44 : Wake reports shortage of fuel
7/12/44 : TF1001 Is running low on fuel
7/12/44 : TF1011 Arrives at Pearl Harbor
7/12/44 : TF1102 Is almost out of AAA ammo
7/12/44 : Midway Airfield is understaffed.
7/12/44 : 113th USMC Bn reports planning complete for Tokyo
7/12/44 : SS Gato arrives at Wake, unloading supplies.
Then you should be able to click the name of the place or TF or whatever and it would jump there.
- An Air group should have a link to the carrier/AF it is stationed on. Currently it is in white, and you have to memorize and exit screen, then find the AF or TF etc.
- Same goes for ships and whatever.
- As a matter of fact, there should be a lot more "relationship links" on the info screens in this game.
- When i create a TF, i want to be able to FILTER between ships (you can only filter in the report screens).
- I want to be able to see a status listing similar to the TF listing one for individual ships. Where it shows Fuel, Ammo, Cargo, Skills, Damage etc etc. now i have to go find to the individual ship to figure this out.
- I want to be able to see more info on the TF info screen, similar to the TF listing. (as mentioned above).
I want to form a TF with the best AAA boats, and the best ASW boats at a base.
- I go to the base, click "form new TF", select my mission, and done.
- Next screen i see the boats available, And i WANT to see their AAA, ASW, Main Gun, Ammo, etc. If i currently want to see this, i have to CANCEL my TF creation, go to the ship screen and memorize what ships are good and then start over.
- PERCENTAGE signs by numbers that represent a percentage, and other similarities
- Ability to see how much aviation support a ground unit contributes with.
- Ability to see how much aviation support a Plane Squadron requires
I think in the end, it all boils down to the report system and "relationship links".
< Message edited by Popoi -- 9/3/2004 5:28:44 AM >