1 ) make the group window transparent ie, when you click on a TF and the window comes up, clear that up like you do when you hover your mouse over a base.
2) loose the text reports. they're cute, but serve no real purpose other then bragging rights. If you want to make reports about combat, make them clickable so you can go to the hex the action took place. (this is for MANY of the "reports")... Coastwatchers, well, isn't a point really to even have that animation, or that turn, simply turn on TF's that are sighted, and skip the delay in turn. (again, I refer to PAC and the small black circles, which were easy to see, and a glance and a left click, brought up the entire battle be it land, sea or air). I really do mean please drop those silly text printouts... the so called AAR's really do nothing IN game. you have to left click on the map to get a hex number, then go from there (reguardless how long you play this game) it will be a pain to even bother looking up battles.
Signat, combat, coastwatchers, everything... really no need to have them visually in the game, since there is no real way to go to that area without drudging through the map. And would really cut down the turns.
3) in-game help. is none. should be. a simple F1 keystroke to give basic commands is very easy to add.
4) Loading costs. if your troops require loading cost of 17,832 APs, and you use 20,000 AP points, you EXPECT to load that group. not sit and calculate supply load, troop load and so forth. (too much detail is an over-kill). Loading troops in small groups of TFs, then having to go back and regroup those TF's into a main TF just to get the troops loaded is kinda silly. and very time consuming.
5) remove the auto-regrouping of AIR. the computer places parts of the Air Group in the weirdest places trying to get to the main group. If your smart enough to split up an air group, your smart enough to place them back together again :) (this leads into the next one)
6) LOCATE SHIP, LOCATE AIR GROUP, yadda yadda :) those simple buttons on top giving you a complete list of items, really is TOO simple (too simple is an under-kill) again refering back to PAC, locate what, CV's, ok list all CV's I own, ok, left click takes me to the CV I want to look at AT the dock it's at, or the sea hex it's currently in. (K.I.S.S.... keep it simple...) did I mention too simple is as bad ? :)
there is much much more, and I really am trying to make lite of some of these, but really if your expecting people to sit and play for hours at a time, then you need to offer SOME help, instead of just simply landing the entire Pacific war in their lap and say, "good luck".