From: Canberra, Australia
Several of the historical scenarios occurred simultaneously. For example, the airborne drops all happened at around the same time, as did the breakout from Neerpelt. To get as close as possible to the feel of the historical operation, I would suggest the following order of play:
1. Joe's Bridge. This was the battle to establish the Neerpelt bridgehead and was fought before MARKET GARDEN commenced.
2. Breakout from Joe's Bridge. This covers the first 24 hours of XXX Corps' advance, as far as Eindhoven.
3. Eindhoven Historical Campaign. This covers the airborne drop at Eindhoven and the German counterattacks, and includes a limited part of XXX Corps' advance (though units not historically involved in fighting in this area are not represented).
4. Nijmegen Historical Campaign. This covers the airborne drop at Nijmegen and the German counterattacks, and again includes a limited part of XXX Corps (those units actually involved in fighting in the area). If you did really well in the Breakout from Joe's Bridge and the Eindhoven Historical Campaign, you might want to pick "Favour Allies" for Allied Reinforcements to reflect XXX Corps arriving earlier; on the other hand, if you did poorly, you could pick "Favour Axis" for Allied Reinforcements to reflect the greater delay in relieving the paras.
5. Devil's Hill (optional). This scenario covers one of the German counterattacks on the American Airborne near Nijmegen. This is sort of included within the Nijmegen Historical Campaign but you might want to play it as a discrete scenario since the historical campaigns often pan out differently (due to different decisions made on both sides) and you might not get this particular battle in the campaign.
6. Arnhem Historical Campaign. This covers the British Airborne at Arnhem and the fight of XXX Corps to transit The Island and relieve the bridgehead over the Neder Rijn. If you did very well (or very poorly) on the preceding scenarios, you might want to try the Historical Plus Campaign and modify the Reinforcement schedules to reflect the advantage/disadvantage. However, be aware that the Historical Plus Campaign does change the drop zones for the British Airborne.
7. Second Wave. This is covered by the Arnhem Historical Campaign but provides a specific scenario depicting the British attempt to secure the drop zones for their follow-on forces.
8. Op Garden - Final Phase. Like Second Wave, these events are part of the larger Arnhem Historical Campaign but this scenario gives you the option to fight the specific battle faced by XXX Corps in their attempt to transit The Island and reach Arnhem.
That just about covers it I think .