Allied production and resource gathering

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

ringerthrawn

Allied production and resource gathering

Post by ringerthrawn »

I am playing the May '42 to end of war scenario (#14?) with the US/allies. I am REALLY confused with supplies. I am used to UV where the main bases ALWAYS had 90k supplies to draw from. I am not used to this waiting for it to slowly rebuild.

Are the bases stateside self sufficient or do I need to ship in resources and oil from Australia? Any tips or notes on US production/resource processes would be appreciated.
GBirkn

RE: Allied production and resource gathering

Post by GBirkn »

I think if anything you'll need to ship a little bit of oil from the US to Australia once in a while. The US is much more than self-sufficient in this game. In the full campaign I've been playing, San Francisco is usually maxed out on both fuel and supply.
"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

What are maxed out numbers for SF then?
Raskal67

Post by Raskal67 »

999999 fuel, 999999 supply
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Thanks. Drool....

I assume Karichi is the same? I am only on 12/10 and haven't seen this yet.
rkr

Post by rkr »

Does it matter in which port you dump the fuel in Australia? I have lots of oil in Darwin as I've been collecting it from SRA, do I have to transfer it to Brisbane or is it transferred automatically by rail?
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!
ZOOMIE1980

Post by ZOOMIE1980 »

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

Thanks. Drool....

I assume Karichi is the same? I am only on 12/10 and haven't seen this yet.

KArachi builds up supply and fuel much slower than SF. But that theater doesn't really need that much. The forward ports in eastern India already have a lot of fuel, as does Columbo, your main naval base. They need supply, though. Typically enough AK's to form two TF's capable of delivering rought 150,000 supplies each, put on computer control to Columbo is more than enough supply, and Karachi is capable of this level. From Columbo you can load smaller TF's to keep the forward ports supplied. I always march my Indian/British forces to the Burma front along the rail lines rather than waste AP's on them. I ship most my AP's in that theater to Australia and the US, as AP's are not particularly useful in the CBI.

SF seems to make more fuel and supply than I can ship. I have made one big oil shipment from the US so far, and I stole about 70,000 from Palembang before things go too hot, as well. After that, the US makes some oil but not at a very fast pace, at least yet.....

Besides getting Australia and the South Pacific command supplied, the biggest challenge I am facing is Air Support. It takes a LOONNGGG time to get those newly arrived aviation support units deployed to places like Darwin, Townsville, or Port Morseby, so even with strong air forces in those areas, they only put up a fraction of their strength every day, until supported....
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Thanks! Does anybody know on RKR's question above on Darwin? I am doing the same thing. I know the oil should transfer but is it efficient? I am thinking not.
daniel123

Post by daniel123 »

1. does it help OZ if you ship resources and oil in increased production?
2. do the bases in PNG switch over to SWPac at a certain date?

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”