Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windowed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Windowed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windowed? - 6/30/2004 8:51:08 PM   
Chaplain

Question for those of you who have the game:

How does it perform in a window? For example, if you've got the game running and you're listening to Internet radio in the background? Anybody tried it?

P.S. I mean, on a relatively hot machine - mine's a 3.2

< Message edited by Chaplain -- 6/30/2004 6:51:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Windowed? - 6/30/2004 8:59:35 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chaplain

Question for those of you who have the game:

How does it perform in a window? For example, if you've got the game running and you're listening to Internet radio in the background? Anybody tried it?

P.S. I mean, on a relatively hot machine - mine's a 3.2

I try not to multi-task while actually doing a turn (running or inputting orders). My machine is below the specs - and although I have tons of RAM and video Memory I don't want to push my luck.. I only have a 500 MHz - ask Rob - he does it all the time on his machine..

Xargun

(in reply to Chaplain)
Post #: 2
RE: Windowed? - 6/30/2004 9:05:10 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

It runs fine multitasking as long as you don't open too much. I would just avoid minimizing it while the turn is running. Giving orders it's fine but while it's running some weird things can happen graphically. Switching between programs doesn't cause as much as a problem although it may take awhile once you click it to get it to be active again and the screen may redraw slowly. I only switch around while giving orders. Once I execute the turn i leave it alone.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Windowed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI