Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply, supply, supply???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Supply, supply, supply??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply, supply, supply??? - 5/29/2004 6:44:41 PM   
nihilimus

I've read the rules multiple times on supply and cargo transport, but I still feel like I'm missing something.

As the Japanese player grows and then must fortify, how important is it to manually move supply and fuel to bases, especially the farflung smaller ones? How about garrisons on each of these? Important or a waste of soldiers? I just cannot seem to get the balance between automatic supply and what I should do manually. And how about manual movement of oil resources. Is that a really a waste?

Nihilimus
Post #: 1
RE: Supply, supply, supply??? - 5/30/2004 5:32:22 AM   
Capt. Harlock

This is where the "Iso-Base" feature comes in really handy. If bases are not isolated by enemy AZOCs (Air Zones Of Control), it's usually not necessary to supply them. If they have no troops or aircraft, there's no real need for supplies. If they do, however, you want to make sure there are sufficient fuel and supply levels to keep your land and air units functioning well.

As for putting garrisons on far-flung bases, it's usually a waste unless you anticipate being attacked. The exception is if the bases has favorable terrain for airfield and port construction. (Level 6 is best with version 3.2, followed by levels 3, 5, and 7.) If you have spare engineer or SBF units, place them at the base along with at least 1000 units of supply. Even if you never end up basing aircraft, every extra point in airfield and port size is Victory Points in your bank.

Loading oil manually is also not necessary unless the base is isolated. Check out the oil level at the bases you suspect by pressing the F6 key. If there is NOT an asterisk by the Oil level number, the Routine Convoy system is failing to pick up the oil, and it may be time to form a convoy of AO's or TK's to get that precious oil into your economy.

When you have the supply system mastered, I recommend picking up fuel from fuel-rich bases such as those on Java, and bringing it back to the Japanese Home Islands. This may save having to draw Oil from the National Oil Reserve and refine it into fuel.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to nihilimus)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply, supply, supply??? - 6/3/2004 10:55:05 PM   
KPAX

Excellent points made. A few more points.

I usually keep all the MCS and TKs in port for the RC. This runs every turn, whereas your own made convoyes take time to get them out and back.

I also max out the count for the first ships in port for each class of MCS (ie TK, and different tonage of MSC). It seems that the RC system uses the first ships of each class. This appears to be more important for the Allies.

Another, unproven item, it appears that the MCS or Tankers that are slightly grayed appear to be used in the RC. Give that a try by loading those up first to see if that helps/

I would also consider movings the HQ to the base that you need a quick fix of supplies. HQ get more supplies, this is particularly for the Allies.

As Japan, I would also NOT expand bases just to expand them for the Victory Points. You do not want them used against you later. Try to consolidate the expansion of bases (iie Rabual and all the surrounding islands. Guam the same thing).

Hope that helps

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to nihilimus)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply, supply, supply??? - 7/5/2004 11:09:52 PM   
steverodgers801OLD

land air forces are the key, as the japanese save them for the philipines if a base is under air threat dont waste the ships to resupply get the aircraft out and if possible the troops

(in reply to nihilimus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Supply, supply, supply??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI