Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arnhem Historical Campaign (short AAR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> After Action Reports [HTTR] >> Arnhem Historical Campaign (short AAR) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arnhem Historical Campaign (short AAR) - 5/3/2004 5:05:36 AM   
pahom

I really enjoyed this one as the Germans. Initially, I took command with the forces available of the main roads from the west into Arnhem. With early reinforcements I continued to build my defense taking command of wooded areas with good fields of fire all around the town. As reinforcements continued to flow in I started to place units around where I thought the majority of their forces were. It was easy to tell because they tried to push through on the main roads from the west. They took a horrific amount of artillery fire becasue they were bottlenecked out of the woods and along the roads. I continuosly bombarded them with all available artillery.

When flak units started to arrive I put them in defense of all of the bridges and ferries and sealed the fate of 1st Airborne who were now trapped. I reinforced the railroad bridge with the Panther Coy and the Tiger coy, ensuring no units would be able to push across open ground and take the bridge.

Arnhem was only protected by three companies until the arrival of 2nd SS but the British were never able to penetrate into Arnhem in significant force. I took the 9th Recon and 10th SS and began building my defence of Elden. I basically had the remainder of my Hvy Flak posted all along the main road and a well entrencehed line of defence centered on Elden awaiting the arrival of the 30th Corps. The entrenched hvy flak was an unwelcome surprise for the Irish Guards who lost eight units of motorized forces just to get past the first flak battalions.

30th Corps tried to push right along the roads east but the reinforcement tigers and engineers were waiting for them and I was able to thwart their thrust along the water from the northeast with my armor and numerous airstrikes. The flak and armor were just too much to push through and Elden was never really in question of falling. 30th Corps was essentially crushed.

Of course I realize how difficult a situation it was for the 1st and 30th. The scattered multiple drops and large amounts of German reinforcements of tanks and heavy guns ensured their fate. Now I will have to try to equal this kind of result with British!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Arnhem Historical Campaign (short AAR) - 5/3/2004 6:17:41 AM   
Golf33

Nice work I look forward to hearing your results as the Brits.

Regards

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to pahom)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> After Action Reports [HTTR] >> Arnhem Historical Campaign (short AAR) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI