Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> After Action Reports [HTTR] >> Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 12:52:01 PM   
Barbarossa

Having just played the historical Nijmegen Campaign as the Allies I thought I'd move on to Arnhem. I achieved a "marginal victory" but, at least compared with history, did secure the bridges at Nijmegen (and the routes to them). This should have resulted in XXX Corps' arrival at Arnhem much earlier than it did in reality. The only Arnhem Campaign that allows me to tinker with the reinforcement schedules to reflect this is Coup De Man so here we are......

Reinforcement schedules:

Axis - Standard
Allies - Favour Allies

Order Delay - Painfully Realistic

Weather - Historical
Post #: 1
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 1:12:25 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 08:18

The 1st and snd Bn of the 1st Para Brigade have arrived. The 1st Bn is ordered to attack the northern end of the Arnhem bridge from the railyard. With the river to its south the 2nd Bn is to protect the northen flank of the 1st Bn while the assault is underway.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 2
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 1:25:43 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 08:29

The 3rd Bn 1st Para Brigade arrives east of Elden and is immediately ordered to advance on the southern end of the Arnhem bridge.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 3
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 1:56:17 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 09:00

With the 1st Border Bn leading the 1st Airborne Division heads for Arnhem.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 4
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 2:28:49 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 10:34

The Pathfinders do their job.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 5
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 2:58:28 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 11:29

The situation hots up in central Arnhem. To the west Haddon's 1st Border Bn is ordered to take up a defensive position in the high residential area looking south east into Arnhem. The first Airborne Division will push past their lines.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 6
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 3:53:54 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 14:42

Things could be a lot worse, but the 3rd Bn's inability / unwillingness to form up where indicated is frustrating me. I can't seem to get them out of "waiting" status

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 7
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 5:56:46 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 1706

Painfully realistic is right with its emphasis on pain. The 1st Airborne Division has only now just started to march towards Arnhem. At least reinforcements (and needed they are) have started to arrive south of the river. The bulk will be shifted north into central Arnhem whilst a smaller number will establish themselves in Elden.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 8
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 6:17:55 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 18:48

The 1st Para Bn has been ordered to dig in here. Now take a look at the next post.......

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 9
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 6:28:03 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 18:48

Lieutenant Colonel Dobbie, you might well have taken command of the 1st Bn Para because of your predecessor's overenthusastic disciplinary zeal BUT AT LEAST HE COULD READ A MAP AND DIDN'T COMMIT TACTICAL SUICIDE.

If this was the Wermacht I could have you bloody well shot!

AS IT IS YOU ARE DISMISSED!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Barbarossa -- 4/11/2004 11:42:06 AM >

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 10
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 6:29:47 PM   
Barbarossa

A Trp, organically part of the 1st Bn Para, has decided on a completely ludicrous route. Why has the pathfinding resulted in this? With painfully realistic order delay applied is it even feasible to try and countermand this idiocy?

< Message edited by Barbarossa -- 4/10/2004 4:30:43 PM >

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 11
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 6:41:37 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 1 19:17

Good luck Sosabowski, you will need it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 12
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 7:15:59 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 2 05:04

At last the 1st Airborne looks to be arriving in Arnhem to help out the beleaguered Paras. This allows the 1st Borders to help the Poles who have done brilliantly to take the Arnhem railway bridge intact.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 13
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 7:27:40 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 2 05:51

Those Poles can fight!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 14
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/10/2004 8:06:53 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 2 11:33

The 1st Borders is moving into position to support the Poles. Slow progress is being made by the 1st Airborne into Arnhem which is the scene of a vicious dog fight. The minimal speed of the advance into Arnhem has caused a problem - a worrying move from the Germans to the north east straight into the flank of the column..........

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 15
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/12/2004 7:22:03 PM   
Barbarossa

Day 2 13:33

You learn something new every day....... The 1st Airborne Division was making such poor progress in its drive on Arnhem that I checked out the move order. I had left it up to the AI (in other words "unspecificied") and it had defaulted to avoidance. Not surprisingly it was having difficulty avoiding German units on its way into Arnhem and seemed to just sit there. Not long after I changed it to "quickest" they started to move.....

The 1st Borders have run into some trouble on their way to the ridgeline overlooking the railway bridge but in many ways that is what they were meant to do - relieve any pressure on the Poles holding the bridge. Arhnem itself is turning into a charnel-house but hopefully the new movement of the 1st Airborne will move things in my favour.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 16
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/13/2004 3:23:37 AM   
Golf33

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barbarossa

A Trp, organically part of the 1st Bn Para, has decided on a completely ludicrous route. Why has the pathfinding resulted in this? With painfully realistic order delay applied is it even feasible to try and countermand this idiocy?

Barbarossa, do you have a save game which shows the route chosen by this unit? If so, please send it to support [at] panthergames [dot] com and I'll take a look at it and see if I can work out why the AL AT Tp has decided to head out that way.

Regards

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to Barbarossa)
Post #: 17
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/13/2004 9:51:47 AM   
The_MadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Golf33

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barbarossa

Barbarossa, do you have a save game which shows the route chosen by this unit? If so, please send it to support [at] panthergames [dot] com and I'll take a look at it and see if I can work out why the AL AT Tp has decided to head out that way.

Regards

I had something simular, I played the Market Garden final Phase and ordered a part of my force that was standing at the Driel ferry to cross the river and reinforce Arnhem from the north bank. To my astonishment they did not plan to cross the river at the Driel ferry but move back towarts Wageningen, cross there and then move to Arnhem. Needless to say Wageningen and the ferry there were heavely defended and because of my move order they were massacred...

Unfortunantely I do not have a savegame but when I run into something like this again I'll post it here.

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 18
RE: Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies - 4/13/2004 11:40:24 AM   
Barbarossa

Yup, I kept a save game of it. I'll try and remember to email it to you when I get back from work tonight.

Patrick

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> After Action Reports [HTTR] >> Arnhem Coup De Man Campaign - Allies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI