Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Italian Front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Front - 3/10/2004 5:43:54 AM   
Arinvald

Does the game also depict the Italian Front, and if not, how is this taken into consideration? Do the minor German Allies of the French have a chance to desert if things don't go so well for Napoleon? I'm really getting into manic mode now waiting for the game to become available.
Post #: 1
RE: Italian Front - 3/10/2004 4:57:19 PM   
Le Tondu

The scenario choices are:

Ulm & Danube Campaign
Variant: Early Russian Arrival
Variant: Charles Replaces Mack in Bavaria

Charles vs. Berthier April 1
Invasion of Bavaria April 9-30
Crisis on the Danube May 20 to July 6
Variant: Charles Original Plan

Then there is an extended Campaign option for all of them

The game is an Operational Study and that makes that puts the units at the Divisional level. A ground scale of 9 kilometers per hex is used and the time scale is single day turns that tick by in 24, one hour pulses. Political decisions are NOT part of this game. There are three settings for a FOW culminating in an absolutely TERRIFIC "Full Fog of War."

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Arinvald)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian Front - 3/10/2004 5:33:11 PM   
EricLarsen

Arinvald,
The map isn't large enough to depict the Italian Front. Eugene's Army does come on as reinforcements near Vienna, but only if the French get near as well to keep those reinforcements in supply and in command control with Nappy. The game doesn't cover political dimensions such as minor German allies possibly defecting.
Eric

(in reply to Arinvald)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian Front - 3/10/2004 5:34:50 PM   
Arinvald

Ok, sounds good. Since the game models the command of an army, I didn't expect that other fronts would play a large role; I was just curious if other fronts would somehow play a role or have some effect on the main area of operations.

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Italian Front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI