Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question about assault formations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> A question about assault formations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question about assault formations - 3/4/2004 10:27:26 AM   
Baleeted

Hi all, new forumite here. I heard of Matrix through World War 2 online, which I've played for about 2 years. I just want to start off by saying everything I've seen on this site looks great, and as soon as I can scrounge up more money, I'll be looking for the rest of your games.

Anyways, on to the question. I've only played the tutorials and the 12 hour campaign right underneath them(the name escapes me), but it seems that no matter what formation you give to a Bn, Bde, etc, they just kind of go in as they feel like it.

Example: In Tutorial 2, when you order the Grens Guard to attack St. Anna, you are instructed to give them the "successive lines" formation, thereby putting an infantry screen in front of your armor to allow for the strengths of both to complement their weaknesses. In the field, however, after the Reorg, my AFV's went charging into the fray, and left the Mech Inf to try to get in front, then give up and flank to the north.

Now, I understand that formations would be thrown out the window if the Reorg site was right in the middle of the defensive line, but shouldn't they form up pretty nicely if you gave them the room?

Was that just a freak occurance? Thanks.

[plug] Oh yeah, check out the web-game in my sig if you like international relations stuff. [/plug]

http://www.maxar.net/glopol/ - Global Politics - an internet-game of International Relations - check it out!
Post #: 1
RE: A question about assault formations - 3/4/2004 2:25:13 PM   
Arjuna

Baleeted,

That should not happen, but under some circumstances it can, but I would need to see what was going on. Do you have a screen shot? ( use print screen and paste into a paint program, save as jpeg and attach to a post )

Do you have a saved game?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Baleeted)
Post #: 2
RE: A question about assault formations - 3/4/2004 9:20:34 PM   
Baleeted

I don't have one from the first time, but I'll see if I can recreate it.

http://www.maxar.net/glopol/ - Global Politics - an internet-game of International Relations - check it out!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> A question about assault formations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI