Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I can't install this game...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Tech Support >> I can't install this game... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can't install this game... - 2/11/2004 5:56:05 AM   
Athanasius

Hello,

I recently picked up a copy of TOS: WS. I've spent about two hours trying to install the game, without success. The autoplay feature didn't work, so I tried to install the game right from the CD. What happens is that the files seem to load (I.E., the little " install status bar" fills up all the way from left to right) but then the hourglass never goes away.....and I wait......and wait.......and wait.......I've rebooted about 5 times and tried to reinstall each time. NO LUCK. What in the *&^% do I have to do to install this game?? Is there a workaround for this problem? I was considering picking up War in the Pacific when it comes out but I'm not spending $40 just to have the same problem I am having with this game. Any help would be muchly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/11/2004 10:52:35 AM   
LarkinVB

First guess ... bad CD ? Can you check with a different computer ?

(in reply to Athanasius)
Post #: 2
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/11/2004 3:35:34 PM   
Athanasius

Hello Larkin,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I can't really try on another PC at the moment. Do you think copying the "setup" files to my hard drive and then trying to install from there would work? I think another user had a problem similar to mine and this was the workaround he came up with.

I appreciate any input......!

(in reply to Athanasius)
Post #: 3
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/11/2004 4:26:32 PM   
LarkinVB

You can try to copy all stuff from CD to HD and start setup from there. After install you do need the CD at startup for copy protection reasons. Please try and report.

(in reply to Athanasius)
Post #: 4
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/12/2004 4:51:32 AM   
Athanasius

Hello Larkin,

I did manage to successfully install the game, though I'm not quite sure how I did it ! I reinserted the disk and this time the autoplay feature worked and the install went smoothly. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post and respond to it.

Incidentally, do you know if Matrix is going to do anything to correct the install problems which many users have reported? I ask because I am thinking of picking up War in the Pacific when it comes out but don't want to risk plunking down $40 (or whatever it's going to be) only to experience a lot of install problems.

Thanks again for your help !

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 5
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/12/2004 8:35:43 PM   
LarkinVB

Sorry, I have no idea. But I guess they will take steps to avoid these problems in the future.

(in reply to Athanasius)
Post #: 6
RE: I can't install this game... - 2/12/2004 9:36:52 PM   
Sleeping_Dragon

The first time I installed WS, I had the same problem as Athanasius. Eventually I got it to install after about 4-5 tries. I installed a second copy at a latter date (to get back to the orgiinal program that shipped with the disk) and it installed fine that time. Must be something with the autoextractor or the CP.

Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Tech Support >> I can't install this game... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI