Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for ... - 2/7/2004 1:03:10 AM   
David Heath

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames!

Matrix Games to Develop and Publish World Famous Wargame

Woodbridge, NJ, October 21st, 2003 - Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (ADG: www.a-d-g.com.au ) are pleased to announce that the international award-winning wargame World In Flames will be faithfully adapted for computer play. Unlike many other World War II wargames, World In Flames covers every unit in every theater of operations, making it possible to play out all of World War II in a single unified game system.

During its illustrious history, the World In Flames system has been honored with Game of the Year, State of the Art, Best 20th Century Game and Game of the Decade awards. Since its initial release, World In Flames has been supported by numerous updates, expansion and new editions incorporating countless hours of playtesting.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, "World In Flames stands as a benchmark for large scale World War II wargames – a system which puts the entire war in the player’s control without surrendering detail and historical accuracy. We’re very excited to have the opportunity to bring this classic to computer wargamers around the world."

Harry Rowland, Managing Director of Australian Design Group, said "We decided some years ago that it was time to bring World In Flames to the computer. Matrix Games has been working with us on an excellent adaptation of Empires In Arms and we are confident they will do a great job with World In Flames as well.”

World In Flames is a strategic level game of World War II. The major powers are played by 2-6 players who seek to improve on the performance of their historical counterparts.

Game Features

· Faithful adaptation of the latest Deluxe version of World In Flames

· Network play

· Play by Email support

· Intelligent computer opponent

· Many optional rules and game system enhancements

ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. We are based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.matrixgames.com/ .

ABOUT AUSTRALIAN DESIGN GROUP (ADG)
Australian Design Group was formed in 1982, by a group of Canberra gaming enthusiasts interested in publishing Empires In Arms. After success with its first venture into wargaming, ADG then went on to produce its international smash hit, World In Flames, winning Game of the Year, State of the Art, Best 20th Century Game and Game of the Decade awards. ADG games continue to be distributed, sold and played around the world. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.a-d-g.com.au/ .
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 2/10/2004 7:55:31 AM   
geozero

Thank God!

I d/l their beta game like over 1-2 years ago. There was no support. No AI. And no one to email about getting updates.

Glad to see it in the right hands.

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 2/12/2004 2:06:57 PM   
Caranorn

Well you must have emailed the wrong people for the original CWiF beta. Chris Marrinacci always replied to my emails and while he could not update the beta as regularly as he wished at times, he progressed steadily. There were obviously numerous problems with the beta, but when you look at matters fairly, Chris did a great job and I'm sure Matrix can build up on a lot of his work.

Marc aka Caran...

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 2/20/2004 6:29:00 PM   
amwild

Let's see if I have got this right (and I think everyone should be clear on this):

ADG states on their website the following about the 2003 Deluxe rules (in dead-tree format):

quote:

World in Flames™ Deluxe Game
Description
The World in Flames Deluxe game provides you with everything you need to gain the full rich experience of World in Flames.

The World in Flames Deluxe game includes 3600 counters (CS1-9, 14, 15 & 18-24), 7 maps (West and East Europe, Asia, the pacific, the Americas, Africa and Scandinavia), Rules and Scenarios booklets and charts to allow you to refight World War II in one accessible, yet highly detailed game.

The World in Flames Deluxe game includes Planes in Flames, Ships in Flames, Mech in Flames, Africa Aflame and Asia Aflame. It also contains all the latest updates to the game including the 2003 reprinted counters (CS 1-6, 14 and 15) and the very latest (2003) rules and scenarios booklet incorporating a dozen new optional rules, a brand new 1940-45 campaign game and all the latest errata and revisions.

The rules now also contain all the optional rules from every WiF kit from Planes in Flames to Cruisers in Flames all in one easy to access (not to mention fully indexed) rule book.

If you want to refight World War II from go to whoa then the World in Flames Deluxe game is for you.

Is this the "Latest Deluxe" version that Matrix will be using as the model for cWiF? Will all the add-on rules mentioned above be included? Will any additional rules, such as "America in Flames" be included?

< Message edited by amwild -- 2/20/2004 4:35:09 PM >

(in reply to Caranorn)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 9/15/2008 3:51:43 PM   
Neilster

Cool! This shouldn't take long

BTW, no one answered amwild's question from 2004.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to amwild)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 9/15/2008 4:06:19 PM   
wfzimmerman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Cool! This shouldn't take long

BTW, no one answered amwild's question from 2004.

Cheers, Neilster

I was added to the CWIF beta list by special dispensation from Harry Rowland in honor of my 40th birthday, March 18, 2001.

I am looking forward to ~ 25 years of playing MWIF on the Windows Vista partition of my home AI.

Contribute to the Steve H. thank you book! http://www.nimblebooks.com/wordpress/2009/04/contribute-to-the-wargamers-wwii-quiz-book/

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 6/13/2012 1:11:46 AM   
CrusssDaddy

This thread should be posted in twice every four years. Congratulations on the outstanding progress, Matrix!

(in reply to wfzimmerman)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal ... - 6/14/2012 3:33:51 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

This thread should be posted in twice every four years. Congratulations on the outstanding progress, Matrix!

CrussDaddy wow we all missed you welcome back or are you errrrrr lurking We could use you as a beta tester

Bo

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI