Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multi-Player network (same side)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Multi-Player network (same side)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multi-Player network (same side)? - 11/4/2003 12:12:40 AM   
seik

Hi,

is it possible to play a multi-player game in co-op mode?

Starting a network game: it s not possible to start (accept) the game if both player are on the same side?!

We would love to play it in co-op mode - is there a chance (beside hotseat)?

Thanks
Seik
Post #: 1
- 11/5/2003 2:41:53 AM   
rosary

Yes.

Follow these Steps:

1) start battle
2) choose Network Game
3) input the host computers IP
4) Create Game
4a) other players will join game. So far so good.
5) Add local player
6) On the right of the list you'll see 'team 1-4 in different colors'
6a) Change you are your friend to team 1 and 3 respectively. Set AI to teams 2 and 4. More on this later. You should be able to tell the difference by the names of the players.
7) Choose accept.
8) set the various squad settings setting the human and AI squads accordingly. The patch will let you pick your titans [Its very very cool]
9) Choose load map if you want to play a predesigned multiplayer map [maybe one you designed] or a random map.
10) Start Battle. You and your friend should be in battle against AI opponents.

Note* If you do not want to see the AI's move as host, you can let the AI host and just change the various team settings accordingly. You and your friend would then be team 2 and 4 and set the AI to teams 1 and 3. If I left out a step or you have any questions let me know?

(in reply to seik)
Post #: 2
- 11/7/2003 10:46:43 AM   
seik

Ah, great - thanks a lot !!!

... but some more questions/problems/ideas: :rolleyes:

1. in a network-game you ve to input your name - and in the case of the host this is also the name for the A.I. - it s a little bit disconcerting. Is there chance to handle this one?

2. (both) human players created their squads but the host can only select the squads (A-D) which are on his PC - so you ve to copy the sqad file from the client to the host PC and after the battle from host to client (for jock improve). It would be better to let the client select his titans.

Greetings
Seik

(in reply to seik)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Multi-Player network (same side)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI