Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Public/Private titan designs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Public/Private titan designs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public/Private titan designs - 9/1/2003 9:49:37 PM   
Marga

Did you know that you are able to make predefined designs - which the computer AI would not use? :cool:

If you have a good idea of a basic chassis that you would like to use as a pre-design:

1) Design a master-chassis by filling it with general equipment like life-support, engine, heatreg.
2) Install armor and save this design without weapons and special equipment.
3) Set the public flag to private => this prevents the AI from using this design in battle (wouldn't be much of an enemy with a chassis lacking weapons and other vital equipment...)
4) Save this desing under an uncommon name (e.g. "heavy_elh_30" = heavy chassis with enginge, lifesupport, heatreg and overall armor of 30)
5) Load this design and play around with it trying different combinations of weapons and other equipment... if you have a good predesign you won't have much work to do to create a lot of variations, even if you change the armor or replace the engine...
6) Save the new design with a different name (The name of a titan you originally had in mind)

You could also use this feature to not allow the AI to have your very, very special design which you want to keep in the "factory titan database" and not only in a squad.

Marga

Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Post #: 1
- 9/3/2003 3:18:52 AM   
MahaROGa

Thanks! I did make a "no weapons" titan once and the computer used it against me. It was kind of funny, the AI knew it only had fists to work with so it charged in to CC range and used what it had to it's best ability.

But seriously I do like the idea of keeping my designs out of the hands of the AI, so I'll have to go look into this "public/private" flag.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Public/Private titan designs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI