Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

V for Victory: Market Garden

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> V for Victory: Market Garden Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
V for Victory: Market Garden - 8/19/2003 12:44:59 AM   
HitMan52

While waiting for the release of AA:HttR I dusted off an old (1993)Atomic Game V for Victory series that dealt with the same battle. Anyone play it? In any event this old DOS based game claims that my Dell with 256 megs of Ram has insufficient memory to run:confused: Anyone know how to tweak Windows XP to get this game to run?

Thanks in advance:)
Post #: 1
- 8/19/2003 3:45:16 AM   
Rooster

You might ask the question over at Eric Young: Squad Assault. I think he was one of the designers on on the V for Victory series.

But I tried to get an answer to the same question some time ago and had no luck.

Some one would probably need to create an emulator or something.

(in reply to HitMan52)
Post #: 2
- 8/19/2003 4:20:48 AM   
Mr.Frag

Memory serves, they used a memory extender. Make a dos boot disk and have fun playing, the whole series is available for free now. Might have problems with finding a dos USB mouse driver though.

(in reply to HitMan52)
Post #: 3
- 8/29/2003 9:52:20 PM   
Crimguy

[QUOTE=HitMan52]While waiting for the release of AA:HttR I dusted off an old (1993)Atomic Game V for Victory series that dealt with the same battle. Anyone play it? In any event this old DOS based game claims that my Dell with 256 megs of Ram has insufficient memory to run:confused: Anyone know how to tweak Windows XP to get this game to run?

Thanks in advance:)[/QUOTE]

Might be tough getting it to run on XP or 2000. I'd consider getting a copy of Win98 or 95 and dual booting, running the old Atomic games under 98.

For all of the W@W series goto [url]www.the-underdogs.org[/url]

(in reply to HitMan52)
Post #: 4
RE: - 3/8/2014 12:56:55 PM   
zakblood

an old post i know, but for anyone who wants to play any old dos game,or any tbh, i can help you you want the info just ask.

for the thread starter HitMan52, the answer is a dosbox program, i use dosbox game launcher v0.77 which is a standard dos box program with a nice gui, front end, easy to setup and it's free, nearly all games of that age have been released as abandonware so can be got for free, some great titles to play if you like.

i own a i7 4960X with 16gb of ram, 2x256gb solid state drives with 4 tb of backup on WD raptors running windows 8.1 pro 64bit....

the v for victory series had 4 games, i own the lot,
V for Victory: D-Day Utah Beach (1991)
V for Victory: Gold Juno Sword (1992)
V for Victory: Market Garden (1993)
V for Victory: Velikiye Luki (1993)

or from the same makers, also owned,

World at War: Operation Crusader (1994)

plus many many others, never beat market garden tbh, a great game and challenge for it's day and for me it was the best in the series, but then again i do like that battle, played it to death on most formats over many years.

Airborne Assault: Red Devils Over Arnhem was good, but if you can find Arnhem is a first entry in R. T. Smith's World War II trilogy, including Desert Rats and Vulcan it's well worth the search and time.

for the time the games are very good, not as good looking as todays which are far larger in size and budget, as many only had a few working on them, but i try and buy as many as i can find as i play and collect all wargames, far too many boxes in the loft now days :)

have fun, and keep playing (wargames and sims forever)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 3/8/2014 2:02:12 PM >

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Highway to the Reich >> V for Victory: Market Garden Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI